Chapter 176: A Vow
1.1k 10 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"[Heaven's Feel] is good enough, but I want to make my ascension more complete..."

"Just like in the past... you're still a perfectionist."

"That's in my nature, literally."

Inside the dojo, Shiro chatted with Castoria in Artoria Lily's form. He sensed his current power rooted deeply within his being, one that allows him to manipulate concepts itself through his own power.

Looking at the panel, he saw his statistics for the first time in a while.

[Shiro]

Realm: 9th Demigod Magician / 9th Rank Demigod Knight

Soul Points: 86,900,000,918

Attributes:

Physique: 456,900 (+456,900)

Dexterity: 412,890 (+412,890)

Wisdom: 500,350 (+50,000) (+550,350)

Unlocked Special Attributes:

Aura: 289,000 (+289,000)

Mana: 350,800 (+50,000) (+400,800)

Originum: 9,999

Charm: 100 (MAX) (+5)

Luck: 99 (100)

Control: 100 (MAX)

Willpower: 100 (MAX)

Acquired Masteries:

Arts Mastery (Master--76%), Gun Mastery (Master--99%), Apothecary (Master--65%), Riding (Master--23%), Cooking (Perfection), Blade Mastery (Grandmaster--99%), Tech Master (Grandmaster--78%), Bow Mastery (Master--99%), Explosions Master (Master--32%), Mechanic (Grandmaster--46%), Surgeon (Expert--89%), Shield Mastery (Master--99%), Negotiation Master (Grandmaster--30%), Demonic Arts (Grandmaster--1%), Investment Master (Master--79%), Spear Mastery (Grandmaster--77%), Dagger Mastery (Grandmaster--89%), Parallel Minds (Perfection), Emotion Conversion (Perfection), Causality Observer (Grandmaster--32%)...

(13 Acquired Mastery Chances Remaining)

(5 Acquired Mastery Upgrader Remaining)

First of all, his stats that reached a hundred thousand greeted his sight.

"No wonder... I feel that my combat power had increased largely when I recovered." He mumbled as he delicately controlled a part of his power. He turned the mana fished out by him into an invisible string. It is so thin that one would disregard it, but that will be their mistake.

In fact, this string is filled with 75,000 units of mana, which is capable of blowing up a quarter of the city at the very least. Of course, he won't be able to fully exert his powers due to [The World]'s suppression.

Unlike the two wills, the wide-scale [Reality Marble] that Earth has suppresses any supernatural activity. If it hadn't done so, Saber's Excalibur blasts is enough to destroy a few cities in other worlds.

Still, 75,000 units of mana can blow up a hundred meters in radius, something considered as a lethal weapon comparable to a missile strike.

Perfectly absorbing them back, Shiro then proceeded to look at his current abilities.

Energy Box (S-->SS): Stores (Current Mana Stat*500) Mana in an independent space. The stored energy can be freely taken out by the user.

Counter (SS): Whenever you block or counter an enemy's attack, there will be a 60%~70% chance to send the attack back with 80% of its power.

Lord of the Mysteries (SS-->EX): Allows the intricate and dexterous control of anything related to space and time.

Escaping a Predicament (S-->SS): Once activated, the user's speed will be increased by 300%.

Danger Sense—Passive (S-->SS): Gives the user heightened senses when dangers far above his current level is/are met.

War God—Passive (S-->SSS): Grants an additional 350% in physical and elemental damage when wielding any kind of armament. Each strike will contain the essence of weapons that the wielder has understood.

Blacksmith—Passive (SS): Increases mastery in terms of smithing. There's a chance of gaining stat points whenever a successful masterpiece is made.

Ocular Enhancement (S-->SS): When activated, all eye-related abilities will be increased by 80%.

Critical Strike (S-->SS): Gives a 200% increment to the attack damage once activated.

Bright Smile (S-->SSS): The smile of a certain god. When activated, the ones who see it will fall into a trance based on their Willpower.

Faker's Replica (S-->SS): Allows the user to replicate an attack that they witnessed and understood. However, it won't truly be the same as the user's understanding will be taken into factor, giving the replicated attack a different route from the original. The replicated attack can't surpass the original, but its power can match 90% of the original attack. The duration to copy the attack once seen is 48 hours.

God of Cooking (EX) (NEW!): Every dishes would have a certain effect attached onto it, even the failed ones. The effects attached are based to the user's Luck stat.

Nostalgic Touch (EX) (NEW!): An ability left by "you". Whenever you come in contact with the things of the past, you will slowly regain the memories from them.

"[God of Cooking], I see..."

Seeing it, Shiro realized that the dish is caused by his new ability. Due to his Luck stat being... well, too high, it triggered a one-time event and caused that miracle.

As for his upgrades, it's attributed to him coming in contact with [The Root]. Indirectly or not, he faced the origin of all things, hence it is not surprising that he would have an increase to all of his abilities.

Lastly, the [Nostalgic Touch] came from the final failsafe that "Fenrir" and "Magus" had prepared for this moment. With it, he found a chance to remember his precious memories with others.

Inadvertently, this made him look at his cute wife opposite of him. He decided to surprise her, so...

[Lord of the Mysteries].

The moment he activated it, he felt a close connection with space and time, one of the effects that the authority brought him. He felt that there's no mysteries that could hide within his sight, but he knows that it's nothing but an illusion.

This authority is powerful, yes, but he couldn't utilize it completely yet. Still, it is enough to do what he intended.

Gray light covered him entirely before it died out.

"Shiro..."

At this moment, it is unknown whether she called him out or mumbled it instinctively. After all, Shiro's appearance changed quite drastically from his previous appearance. The "perfect" aura became stronger, his charm increased exponentially, and he has an intellectual air that surrounded him.

He's wearing his signature white robe chained together by a 'golden' metal while his garments inside his robe are adorned with jewels that are of auxiliary use.

Though, the most change that he has right now is his silver white hair and a pair of golden eyes. As he opened them, the surroundings froze before returning back to normal.

(A/N: His former appearance, but with golden pupils.)

With a smile that complimented his calm look, he said, "How is it?"

"..."

Time had seemingly stopped for Castoria as she recalled their first meeting. He'd just undergone his [Perfection Ascension] at that time and was not used controlling his monstrous charm back then, so she immediately felt light from the moment she saw him inside that mirror.

The problems that she's worrying ceased existing for a second as she thought:

"Who is he?"

Never had she expected that he would become her mentor, best friend, advisor, and most importantly...

Her other half.

Wordlessly, she cancelled her transformation and ran straight at him. Right after that, she silently hugged him as the memories of the past brought her repressed emotions back to the surface.

Shiro felt his chest becoming wet from her tears. A pang of guilt stroke him once more.

'That time... it is the same...'

Back when he first met Altera, he also felt these feelings. Never had he expected that he would feel it again a few months later.

"...I was so worried... hick... that you might never come back..."

From her voice, he could feel her worries, gloom, and many other dark emotions. In this morning, she'd only expressed her bright side, all the while suppressing her dark feelings to stop them from ruining their time.

Shiro was about to apologize when it struck him. He shouldn't apologize as it wouldn't fully erase the time when she'd suffered whilst thinking about his sake.

In the end, it ended up with the sentence:

"I won't let you suffer again... I promise."

*****

A/N: Well... Even I got surprised by the stats when I was writing this chapter. After this, he definitely won't have any troubles with mortals and weaker gods. Tho, I think that this is reasonable since we're nearing 200 chapters...

Anyways, there are still a plethora of characters in many verses that are stronger than him. There's a high school girl that can bend reality at her will, a student council president with omnipotent copying powers, and the other girl that is on the same verse. There's still that certain military outfit who possesses [Holopsicon], a (not a bad) slime, and many others...

53