Chapter 267: Disappearance of the Visitor
554 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After skimming through some information, I could only retain a tiny bit. Perhaps it is the "laws" that prevented me from memorizing everything. As the Wisdom Incarnate, it is nigh impossible to not do so. Though, this could also be my countermeasure so that I could travel into the future.

The less interaction, the more time I have.

Just by talking with Rimuru-kun, I felt that my time here decreased. It drastically became even lower once I asked for a live stream. Still, this is the only way that I could reach out to many people at once.

I might not remember everything, but they can.

Since the leaders of this timeline are on the receiving end, they could perfectly retain any information that they come into. The locks imposed by myself do not affect them as they are not breaking the rules of space-time. That, and it is the loophole that "I" left.

"I have come from another world. Much like Romani's temple."

In order to reduce the decrease, I need to be as indirect as I could.

"I don't know what happened currently, but this world seems more in trouble."

Romani: "It became a mess after that maneuver of yours. Where did you go?"

I apologize in advance, but that's what I would like to know, too.

"Planning things out."

Romani: "Good luck with explaining to them."

He must have been referring to my wives. I could already foresee what would happen if they caught me like this.

"Anyways, I would not be able to last longer in this world. The things in here are more troublesome."

Fourteen: "Is there anything more troublesome than it?"

"Apparently, there is." I said. "There's someone who inherited Touka's deadpan, huh."

I could see the general demographic in today's chat group. It has more than a hundred members, each from varying worlds. Overall, they are alright with each other, something that ought not to happen. If you mix in a hundred people with different beliefs, it would be hard to maintain order.

This confirms my theory, then. The chat group... screens each member before adding them inside it, as if it has a specific purpose.

"Whenever an error occurs, that should be the signal to move. It will be disadvantaged whenever it happens. Leveraging on it is enough. I repeat, do NOT go all-out. If so, everyone here is bound to lose."

Haruhi: "Such big words!"

Soohyun: "You are certain that it would happen."

"Because it will."

Out of all things that I have encountered, the knowledge of "it" being 'unbeatable' is at the forefront. No matter if I have Beyond Creator powers or not, it is bound to accomplish its "goal". If I did not choose to lock time, it could have branched off to other timelines and immediately obliterated them. With these destructions, infecting other timelines would become easy. 

Meaning, a single possibility of reality being destroyed would affect everything.

It's similar to Altair's power where she imposes a "revision" on a character whom she had never met. She overlays an ideal form to the original.

"I should have also left some useful things out there."

Romani: "Your treasuries? Why would you leave them here?"

"For the plan."

With each hole increasing, I tried my best to deflect their questions. In fact, it would be better if they notice my anomaly. Rimuru-kun could tell the truth after I disappear, but my farewells and goodbyes are also included in this live stream. 

"Next, Shinji and the others will come back. That includes Kuroneko as well."

Romani: "?!?!"

Romani: "You found her?!"

"Quite. If you can, pull her back from the depths. Another Beyond will help in this situation."

Haruhi: "Is it the Lord of Shadows?! The girl who has that massive army hiding in her shadow? That Kuroneko?!"

"That's right."

From what I can surmise, Kuroneko made her name in the early years. She's the one who dove the most into the "dark zone", the place where "its" reach is the strongest. Her Shadow Domain counteracts the power in her surroundings and her never-dying shadows are her trump cards.

After a couple more URs, she became stronger.

"Kal'tsit knows what was happening. I will be leaving the specifics to Rimuru-kun, too."

As I said that, I handed over a ball of light in his direction. It contained everything that I skimmed through the library—both the ones I could retain and not.

"I hope this helps. My time is running out."

I could feel myself becoming more transparent. My core concepts are heading back to where they should be: the present. 

"The future... shall be changed."

Leaving these last words that accelerated my "end", I left the dreary future.

*****

Saitama: "What was that?"

Ilhan: "That... was confusing. If..."

Ilhan: "...Wait a damn minute."

Romani: "The future... The Grand Temple of Time..."

"Ha... Finally, I could tell this. It has been very iffy keeping that one to myself."

Haruhi: "Don't tell me... she's a time traveler?!"

Immediately, Rimuru reacted with a blank expression.

"Why is it that you're sharp regarding these matters." He replied. "You are right. That person just now... she came from some other time. She nor I could explain things properly as it could affect the locks."

Their first reactions are that of disbelief.

Fourteen: "How was that possible?! No one could break through that lock!"

Romani: "It's Shiro. He's the one who placed that lock in the first place."

After his reminder, everyone realized what was going on. For some unknown reason, the creator of the "lock" arrived in this world... from another timeline. It is the reason why the replies from earlier sounded with less credibility. 

It was evident that she wanted to deflect those questions instead of directly answering them.

"I screwed up badly during our first meeting. That was why she couldn't say it directly."

When they first met, Rimuru realized that she came from another time. Just with that, Shiro's time in this world was vastly decreased.

"She left me with this, though." He pointed out to the ball of light atop his hand. "It seems like some guide of sorts... no, a journal?"

After decrypting it, a huge chunk of information appeared. Dozens of runes surrounded him, each carrying a particular set of data.

"These are..." He could only blankly mumble as crucial points presented themselves one after another. The secrets behind each event, the ways of counteracting "it", the safe method to dive in the "dark areas"...

Suddenly, a message popped up in the chat group.

Kuroneko: "I reconnected..? It worked..."

"You must be the one mentioned by her."

Kuroneko: "Her? Shiro?!"

Kuroneko: "Explain."

For now, Rimuru could only pay Shiro back for ruining such an opportunity—by becoming their informant, that is.

18