Chapter 324: The Truth
300 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A thousand years ago, Fenrir and Magus enacted a play. From their vision of the future, they knew that Fenrir's <ORIGIN STATE> will go berserk. It would lead to chaos as he will begin to wreck havoc uncontrollably. The only way to remedy it is for them to be complete—Shiro—again.

When the two merged, that was when Shiro's memories of the past were cut off. He didn't know how it concluded. Only, it was evident that he succeeded with the plan.

Never had he expected that the way it would get resolved lies in the future—now.

"That's how it is..!" He mumbled while gritting his teeth. "Touka, help me in its restraints!"

"Alright."

"Romani, can you ready your Noble Phantasm? This will be a hard one."

"Sure. But... what's happening?" Romani asked.

"Remember how I ended up in Terra? That I fought back to remove that corruption? Well, that guy's my past self."

"Eh?!"

Shiro didn't waste any time manifesting the [Tail Caliburn]. Immediately, Shiro utilized the [Tail Gear]'s strongest attack.

"For now, the others should get away from its radius!"

"I'll take care of it."

{Teleporting seven targets...}

{Utilizing the artifact [Shield of Achilles].}

Every chat group member who could get affected by Shiro's impending attack was protected under Kal'tsit's influence.

"The time of birth hath come. He is the one who masters all—"

At the same time, Romani began his chants.

"Break Release! Ultimate Mode—!"

From the great sword, a tall pillar of black and white flames emerged. It was able to pierce through the skies. It burned even greater as another second passed. Its destructive power is now comparable to [Ars Almadel Salomonis].

It was to be expected from an attack of a <Beyond>. 

Shiro: "Romani, now!"

Romani: "Copy that!"

"—Final Blazer!"

"—Ars Almadel Salomonis."

The pillar of flames descended to 'it'. At the same time, the ring of light sent down a pillar of purple light.

Bzzt-!

BAM-!

CRACK-!

The sheer intensity of the attack shook the temple of time. It made dozens of tears inside the imaginary number space. Bluntly put, these attacks are something beyond a human's imagination.

RUMBLE-!

The ground rumbled as the cacophony of the attacks broke the concept of sound. It could no longer be considered on the conceptual definition itself. 

Strangely, the intensity of the light should have blinded everyone, but they didn't. Instead, they were able to view the full glory of [Tail Gear]'s finisher and Romani's [Ars Almadel Salomonis].

Struck with an attack far stronger than what Mash experienced, everyone thought that whoever intruded this place should have disappeared already.

However—

"It's not over yet! Touka!"

"Got it!"

The wave of light wasn't even cleared up when Shiro ordered Touka to act. Bright silver chains went to the direction of 'it'. Consecutively, Romani summoned the [Oath of Judah] in his hands.

"Zeroth Form."

Psshk-!

Click-!

He placed the [Oath of Judah] on the ground before chains came out of it. A greater amount of chains manifested conceptually, numbering hundreds. All of them went to 'its' direction and tried to entangle it.

"Teacher..."

It was the second time Madoka heard Shiro's panicked voice. The first time was when they tried to fight against Walpurgisnacht. Since then, she never saw him this shaken up.

Thus, she decided to enter her [Goddess] form. She took on the identity of the [Law of Cycle]'s human side, gaining its limitless power temporarily.

"This... We're in big trouble."

"Obviously. When Shiro gets disturbed, that's when things go real." Kouzuki responded to Kuroneko's mumble.

Kouzuki manifested her [Overlord Mech] in an instant. Hundreds of thousands of her creations flew and formed a gigantic version of her. Unlike her normal appearance, the giant form wore a crown, a robe, and a staff. It is one of the highest-level equipment in her inherited legacy.

It allowed its original owner, Han Xiao, to reach the peak of the universe. It enabled him to interfere with concepts itself and fight world-rending enemies.

Meanwhile, Kuroneko's aura went a hundred and eighty degree. The [Black Heart] inside her fluctuated greatly, signaling Kuroneko's distress and seriousness.

"Shinji, what happened?!"

"I don't know. One thing's for sure though. It's something extremely serious."

"I'll get up my guard, then."

Shiro's mind swiftly addressed the current situation through the chat group.

Shiro: "Everyone, be aware. Something crashed inside the temple. It's an enemy, remember."

Hajin: "I'll keep my eye on it."

Ghost: "Are you alright?"

Shiro: "Yeah. I'm reminding you to not approach it, Meiko."

Ghost: "Okay."

Cardinal: "Shiro... I'll help. That's..."

Shiro: "It is what you think it is."

Lelouch: "I need to remind everyone here. My [Clairvoyance] got too fuzzy. I can't see something."

Shiro: "That's normal. Its sudden intrusion should have disrupted it."

Lelouch: "I understand. I will reach out here once it comes back."

After a while, the light fully died down. The Demon God Pillars immediately tried to regenerate as they were caught in the cross fire, only to sense that it became extremely taxing for them. The attack of a <Beyond> went literal senses. If not for the temple's remnant power defending them, they would've been erased already.

"Solomon, what was that?!"

"Trouble."

Just as Romani replied to Goetia, a loud howl originated from 'it'.

"Argh..!"

The attack served to dissipate the 'disruptions'. It fully revealed the appearance of what they are fighting.

"Shiro? | Teacher..? | Aniki..?"

Bzzt-!

Shiro couldn't hear them as she rushed at 'it'.

Clang-!

Surprisingly, 'it' rose the black sword he wielded. Sparks flew between [Tail Caliburn] and the black sword of 'it'. Cracks opened between space itself due to their clash. 

Hum-!

A strong wave originated from them. It forced some people to step back and destroyed several Demon god Pillars who had just regenerated.

"Fuck. Why did you appear here?!" Shiro's face twisted as she cursed. "Shit!"

"Argh...!"

Shiro's past self merely groaned before he pushed Shiro away. As a result, she flew backwards. However, Shiro didn't forget to launch a laser in his direction.

Bam-!

It was counteracted by the wings made of magic circles.

Sou-!

Sou-!

At this time, the chains sent out by Touka and Romani arrived.

Crack-!

With their combined strength, they pierced through the wings and entangled Shiro (past).

Bang-!

The flintlock rifle, [Black Barrel], fired its shot once more. Hajin's accuracy and him being locked down by the two chains allowed the bullet to hit. Shiro (past) is now imbued with the concept of death itself.

"Hup..!"

Madoka summoned forth a pillar of pink light. It is imbued with the power of her [Reality Marble], Garden of Avalon. She sensed something 'corrupt' from Shiro (corrupt), hence quickly thought of how this would be detrimental.

Bam-!

Madoka's attack followed up. It easily passed through his wings before it descended towards him.

"Phew..."

Due to the consecutive attacks, its signatures got covered up. Everyone else except for Shiro couldn't tell its current state. Though, Kal'tsit realized how it went upon seeing his serious look.

"It's not over yet." She calmly said to Romani. "My [Ultimate Skill] couldn't get through him. Romani, can you connect me to your phantasm once more?"

"Alright..."

Now, even Romani wore a grave expression. An opponent that couldn't be wiped out with that magnitude of attack is an extremely formidable one.

"Found it."

Suddenly, Meteora declared something.

"To think it was stored in the library..."

"What did you discover, Meteora-san?" Sinon asked.

"Senpai... He is a wielder of..."

This time, Meteora's eyes widened.

"...[The Corrupted Root]."

11