Chapter 326: Traversing Worlds One After Another
175 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crack-!

Crash-!

The aurora curtain and [Mysteries] broke. My surroundings changed to that of an unfamiliar place. Nevertheless, I focused on attacking my past self.

Rumble-!

His magic attack pushed me to the 'ground'. I felt a mountain crumbling due to my body falling.

"Kh..!"

My sight caught the descent of my past self. Thousands of magic circles spun on his back as they tried to repair themselves from [Void Archives] and [Tyrant's Eye].

This time, I summoned an open door and engulfed him. I opened my storage and drank several SSR-rated recovery items in one go. By the time I downed my third one, the space cracked.

Bam-!

Another set of shockwaves was sent in this continent. It uplifted the surroundings trees and created cracks all over the place.

I summoned forth three clones and had them hide in separate 'histories'. This power came from [Mysteries] that allowed someone to conceal himself. I left my [Cosmic Destroyer], [Neo Decadriver], and [Chain of Heaven: Enkidu] with them.

Hum-!

"A gaze."

I felt someone trying to 'spy' on our battle. It was from a fellow <Beyond>. This familiarity... Was it the slime? Rimuru Tempest?

I gathered the surrounding 'knowledge' and found out that I am in [Jura Forest]. The mountain which I crashed into was previously a dragon's cage... Storm Dragon, Veldora?

It doesn't matter.

Zoom-!

Immediately, the damaged forest returned back to normal. At the same time, I summoned another set of [Aurora Curtain] and [Mysteries] in order to bring my past self to somewhere desolate.

Clang-!

I pushed him to the curtain as our blade clashed. My past self, only capable of muttering unintelligent groans, is clearly affected by it.

The hidden danger I resolved after a thousand years of planning—The Root.

When I entered my third life, I was 'split' into two and got sent in different time periods. I also found out about the <ORIGIN STATE> as well as the <System> that accompanied my split selves. When i reached the end, I traced their origins back to The Root.

However, they were different.

The <System> that went to Magus leaned towards order.

The <ORIGIN STATE> that went to Fenrir leaned towards chaos.

When Fenrir couldn't suppress <ORIGIN STATE>'s chaotic disposition, I (Magus) drew up a plan upon seeing my future. That plan involved 'resetting' the portion of The Root in <ORIGIN STATE>. It succeeded after the mission on Madoka's world, but I didn't expect for my past self to spring up like this.

It is strange.

Why would my berserk past self appear now?

So many questions appeared on my mind, but I need to 'eliminate' him first.

Crack-!

Shatter-!

We successfully went through the integrated curtains once more. Our surroundings changed this time. Strong radiation littered the radius.

"A nuclear battlefield?"

I caught the sight of dead people... no, dying people on the ground. Radiation are emitted from their bodies.

Swiftly, my clone came from the 'history' along with the [Chain of Heavens]. It entangled my past self midair. It started to nullify his prowess—something caused by its anti-divinity properties.

"I can't have you causing trouble here."

Bam-!

Bam-!

Suddenly, I heard muffled impacts nearby. There, I saw a caped bald man fighting against an alien... no, a former human. I met gazes with the caped baldy.

Seeing my past self restricted by the chains, I declared:

"I will leave. Good luck."

I remembered his name. Saitama, was it? He will be a chat group member in the future.

Shatter-!

This time, I dragged him across worlds. The only requirement I sought is a peaceful world away from its inhabitants.

Crack-!

Bam-!

My wishes were fulfilled as I entered a seemingly peaceful place. It should be somewhere—

"Who are you?!"

I retract it. A huge red dragon bearing the 'dream' authority resides in this place. From what I could gather, the dragon's name is [Great Red].

"Do you know of a peaceful place?"

"HUH?!" That was the reply I received.

Got it.

He wouldn't be able to talk to me.

Crack-!

Crack-!

At this moment, the [Chain of Heavens] began showing signs of loosening.

"Quick!"

"Peaceful..?!"

Just as I was asking, a dark portal opened not far from here. A 'foreigner' stepped outside, bearing powers similar to a <Beyond>. He is not a <Beyond> but has a part of it.

"Ho..?" I felt his stare. "For such beings to—?"

"Fuck it!"

I already felt his malice. Since he directed it, I won't care about his base anymore.

Crack-!

Pull Back!

The [Chain of Heavens] were successfully recalled just as it was about to be damaged.

Fizzle-!

Despite being afflicted by the chains, my past self summoned forth pages of books that covered him. Moments later, he barely recovered. The magic circles on his wings lit up as it gathered an unprecedented force.

"Shit..!"

With a thought, I sent the bystander dragon away from this place.

Buzz-!

A bright white light illuminated everything. It broke down everything to the units of 'information' sorted by his 'wisdom'. That is my ultimate attack—[Wisdom Dissection].

Similarly, I summoned forth [Aurora Curtain] as a prototype of a shield. What followed next is [Mysteries] who manipulated the power to reach its 'end'. The third one is [Wisdom] that counteracted the attack. Lastly, [Destruction] served to nullify my past self's [Wisdom Dissection].

The four-layered shield completely protected me. Even though my <Beyond> power came from a temporary source, everything was enough to deal with my peak form. Both of us has The Root, which balances it out. The gap doesn't matter much.

As for the 'foreign' machine god, he is not even a <Beyond>. Facing attacks from my merged past self with two portions of The Root, it was surprising he lived. Then again, the small <Beyond> characteristics he has barely retained his existence.

The light suddenly disappeared. I saw the dying being transformed into 'pages' of a book. He still persisted despite the intensity of the attack. However, his dimensionality was already 'reduced' to 2D. He would be invulnerable to the attacks of everyone in reality, but there is a person who could deal with him—me.

A bright jeweled crown appeared on top of my head. My authority with [Wisdom] reconnected with the attack that affected the machine god.

"Archive."

The pages gathered to form a book. Its cover stated "Evie Etoulde: Regalzeva". Information regarding his origin entered my mind before being processed by [Wisdom]. After reading everything, I erased the book, effectively removing his existence. 

"Evie Etoulde... ExE... Another world?"

I got it.

Their world was about to invade the world where I was in. He saw me as an enemy since I have The Root which adapted me to any worlds. I don't have to fear the [Wills] as I am influenced by their higher-ups.

Truly, this guy's arrogant.

Looking at the severely damaged [Dimensional Gap], I pulled it back to its former state. [Mysteries] and [Wisdom] was enough to turn back time and reverse the damage. However, the disturbance is made is another matter.

"They will be invaded. I'll give this as a compensation, then."

I was thinking about the compensation when my past self utilized [Destruction]. Infinite sword strikes littered the [Dimensional Gap], threatening to destroy it once more. I am located at the center where everything converges.

"You underestimate me..!"

My black sword turned into [Tail Caliburn]'s form. Its components moved as it turned into the [Unlimited Mode]. One strike is enough to 'cause' infinite sword strikes. 

Imbuing [Destruction] and [Mystery] to force the 'end', I swung my blade.

"Unlimited Destruction Mode, Break Release: Final Blazer!"

My 'strikes' began counteracting his. The sounds of swords clashing could be heard from everywhere. A single confrontation led to a slight crack in the [Dimensional Gap]. It instantly shattered under great duress. The space got fragmented before disappearing. It was akin to a mirror breaking into countless pieces.

"Shit."

Even with a portion of my power mostly suppressing our confrontation, it still couldn't hold our strength. I floated in space as I met gazes with two dragons. I also saw [Heaven], [Earth], and [Underworld].

"ARGHH!!!"

Without any choice, I summoned forth [Chains of Heaven] once more. He was bound once more, but it is a temporary solution.

"My home..."

"WHOA?!"

The two dragons has varying reactions. The one known as [Great Red] was simply surprised while the 'infinity' dragon bearing the form of a black-haired girl stood still in extreme shock.

"What did just happen?!"

I could already tell that [Great Red] is a troublemaker.

"Apologies about that. I accidentally destroyed your [Dimensional Gap]."

While I was talking, I already summoned the clone bearing [Neo Decadriver]. He is in the [Final Form Ride] with the [Final Attack Ride: All Rider Kick] inserted. A second later, twenty-one Heisei Riders appeared and triggered the 'absolute hit' effect. The UR-rated reward could affect even Beyonds.

Boom-!

Another round of explosions happened. It affected my past self as his struggles weakened. Of course, the chains are starting to loosen once more.

Checking my storage, I didn't find any suitable items for the current predicament. I needed something to 'restrict' or 'counter'. I found several items that answered my query, but I lacked a decisive one—something far stronger than [Chains of Heaven].

"Screw it all!"

In the face of crisis, I—

[Random Spin]

—placed all my bets to the gacha rolls. I spent the remaining million points I have. I didn't have the time to spare due to before, but Decade's attack brought me just that.

My sight was covered with the draw results. I immediately saw several UR-rated rewards. When I saw one of them, I froze. Subconsciously, I smiled wryly at my 'luck'. 

Thee reward is a direct counter to my past self as well as a solution as to what world I should travel. After skimming over the rest, I found yet another ability that has the same nature. 

Immediately, I received them. I could instantly feel the power of The Root becoming stronger under this ability. At the same time, a force that threatened to 'counter' everything that I have. Fortunately, I could rein it.

"[Imagine Breaker]... and [All Fiction]."

These two are the highest UR-rated awards that I should be able to get through the chat group. I could already tell its power is far beyond what most could handle. It breaks the boundaries between 'orders'. It could allow a mortal to kill gods and even creators. However, the power has to be tamed at first.

[All Fiction] came under control of The Root itself as it is the source of everything. Meanwhile, [Imagine Breaker] could be 'tamed' by my current strength. There are no consciousness inside the power—it was apparently extracted—but the instinctive desire to 'counter' still exists.

Under the gazes of the two dragons, I raised my left hand. Like a painting being rewound, the [Dimensional Gap] was repaired. The same kaleidoscopic scenery reappeared.

"..."

"..."

I was about to direct this power to my past self when something shocking happened.

"ARGHHH!!!"

Crack-!

Shatter-!

His scarlet pupils lit up as a blue circle of void was summoned behind him. The [Chain of Heavens] broke instantly. A sword strike passed through my neck. My sight distorted for a moment before my hand caught my flying head. It reattached my head back to my neck.

[All Fiction].

It is a power where you could turn everything to fiction. It is an overwhelming power that only my peak past self could handle. With that, I turned my death into a 'fiction'.

The [Dimensional Gap] wasn't destroyed, either. Isolating myself and my past self is the solution.

"Take care of my gift." I mouthed to the dumbfounded dragons before an [Aurora Curtain] engulfed the two of us.

My past self couldn't dodge at all. [All Fiction] made things simpler. When our surroundings changed, I sensed we have arrived to the most optimal world...

[Toaru World].

8