Chapter 11 – The World
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 – The World

“What is happening in the world today?” My dainty lips turned into a sneer.

The person behind me wobbled in distress but forced himself upright lest he disturbed my thinking.

I understood him, though. Neonatal fear - was the first feeling that was born from the unknown. To a newbie like him, someone like me, who stood on the apex, was such unknown. The power I have could change his life ten thousand times over! I scoffed at his smallness.

I continued. “Humans have ruled this world for a long time. And instead of growing similar to gods of ancient times, we devolved into the monkeys we loathed.”

“A man stalks a woman with a camera and when confronted, he plays the victim! It's bad that people defended him because he’s a famous person. Just a prank? A clout chaser!”

“Another man is copying a monkey, and lo-and-behold, the monkey laughs at him. What a fool! He is a disgrace! Someone worse than an animal.”

“And the worst, actors and convicts, played people’s hearts and became their messiah instead. They became presidents, senators, and many more. A tragedy brought by lack of knowledge.”

“Social media is an instrument created to connect two or more distant people. But now look, disinformation ran rampant. Logic now got thrown into the sewers. They considered documented facts as biased opinions of the winner; while opinion became facts. What hurts the most are these so-called ‘facts’ are subjective, having different interpretations per person.”

“The drastic increase of spread of disinformation alarms all the superpowers in the world. It’s something we don’t want and yet, a powerful weapon we can use.”

I stared at my subordinate. He was also a victim and a user of mass disinformation on social media. Just a while ago, he used his account to spread conspiracy theories against someone he didn’t like whilst wearing the mask of an ‘innocent’.

I became more clearheaded. I could always use opinionated fools. Only by being the harbinger of falsehood, I would know the truth.

Scoffing once again, I turned around, seeing my reflection in the glass. Below me, overlooking the busy bees, starry lights, and loud fast-moving machines. Touching the glass gave me the illusion that I could grasp everything in my hands. Overwhelming power surged from my nails to the tip of my hair.

I chuckled. “Everything... I want to have it.”

I will have it. And nobody can do anything.

And with one last look, I walked away. The noisy heels rang across the silent hallway and I sensed my subordinate feeling uncomfortable by the second. This earned him another chuckle from me. Weaklings should serve the strong. Only then they could have ‘meaning’ in this world ruled by chosen ones - unless they wanted to stay as a monkey.

1