Chapter 12 – Willful
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12 – Willful

Love - for the rich was a powerful tool. Marriage, business deals, political power, and lust - one could get these by only using love as a facade. Hell, I even knew a perfect husband and wife. But in secret, their drama was worse than the people in telenovelas.

My father was an important individual in the world. And he was the most important to me.

Not because I loved him.

All I love was the inheritance I could get when he dies. My father also did love me, and it was because I am a means to his ends. Never had I had a day where no pursuers vowing their undying wish to love me. Beauty and wealth—I’m pretty exceptional, like a rarest gem or dangerous sport to these restless buffoons. The thrill. I am it.

And so, I didn’t even blink to reject them. Who were they? Thirsty dogs.

Love at its purest form, such a thing, was only for the commoners. They have plenty of opinions about themselves, and thus romanticized the concept. At a face value, love only meant one thing, a person felt a warm surge from his or her lower part.

But compared to my greatness, my father was greater. As a significant person, all loved my father. Having contributed to society, it didn’t matter if he stole from them in secret or open, as long as he gave them more than the bare minimum they expected. It was more than enough for these imbeciles. Twenty out of one hundred was a nice ratio for the masses. Trust, after all, was easy to earn as long as you have an outstanding public figure.

Born in an influential place, I had a thousand views on a subject. Average people only have hundreds, while others only have tens. Placing my hand on my chest, I could swear that my father only loved them for money. By the way, the tax was its official name.

Thus, I knew not to trust information that came from dubious origins. Stolen ideas that could click with a simple mind and now became his or her new ‘truth’. I didn’t know how stupid they could get.

Let me give you an example. Tonight, I went to a party. Publicity was, after all, an important action someone like me should do.

I wore a gorgeous dress. Dazzling, curvaceous, and one-of-a-kind. People loved me, swarming and flocking from every corner just to greet me. Even if I didn’t remember them, they would still remember I gave them a smile in return. I have the money and power, a status envied by all.

The daughter of the president.

Some people cursed under their breath. Plastic Princess, they said. But I ignored them. I had nothing else in mind other than publicity.

For a change, I became willful. Tipsy from drink, I explained to them the current state of the world. I loved books, and history books were my favorite. No one argued with me and even praised me to the heavens. This emboldened me to do something silly.

I got a pen, one thousand dollars’ worth before unfolding a map. People had a hard time earning a thousand dollars. Yet, I spend it on a simple thing like a pen!

Thinking for a second, I scribbled a dashed line from my country to the sea.

“This part is OUR territory, historically speaking.”

A deafening silence surrounded me. I scanned around and saw their faces warped in shock. But a moment later, a cacophony of applause sounded, which got louder by the second.

And when tomorrow morning came, the news of a supposed historical territory came into view. I felt a shock, but I chuckled soon after. It seems to me how many people loved me... even to the point of believing such lies.

Just a small interlude to my life but to the sovereign nation I ‘robbed’ last night, it was a piece of thunderous news to them, making the entire country at a state of alert. Such a fate for weaker countries.

An exhilarating feeling tingled through my spine. The power… I couldn’t get tired of it. This was one reason why I ‘loved’ my father.

1