Chapter 13 – Encounter
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 – Encounter

Humans were born vicious. Despite masking themselves with righteousness in pursuit of glory, every step they took kills hundreds or thousands. These glories they awarded themselves were nothing but egotistical whims. Only, for this reason, humans could have a ‘place’ in the world.

In fact, the world didn’t even need humans. The world could survive without them and would give birth to amazing species. If not for human interventions. Parasite–it was the apt name for them.

So as a human, I felt nothing but disdain towards my own. We built statues to commemorate idols and constructed gargantuan structures to elevate ourselves. Choosing a leader was a matter of popularity instead of accolades. Global warming. Poverty. Lack of education. Destruction of livelihood and buildings because of minor disputes. Increase crime rate and mind-boggling rise of population.

And even though we were dooming ourselves, I relished the power used to create such outcomes. I could wave my hand and this district would be poor while that district would be rich.

This was artificial selection, larger than natural selection. I deemed who was the fittest and who wasn’t. They would only survive because of me.

The scene happening before me was just an excursion. A prime example of strength. A bit of a showoff but no one would argue against me.

Bombs, hundreds of bombs shot through the sky and destroyed the little alliance the small countries had. Just a mere papier mâché. And also, only with paper, they could prove themselves worthy as slaves. I brandished my stamp, signaling the end of the war and getting what I wanted. The sound of it gave joy to my being—a chime of the bell, soft but reverberating.

“You look sad.”

“No one will be happy when their territory gets robbed and they can’t do anything!” The president of a small country gnashed his teeth till his gum was bleeding.

Though, I laughed it off. How could a cat worry about the mice’s demise? They only knew they needed to eat. Or play with their food.

I organized a party for this victorious charade. People put their happiest smiles to congratulate me—what was underneath, I didn’t know, and I had no care. All I knew was this power of mine (my father’s) had a little limit and I could abuse it for all I want.

Just like tonight. I saw a tantalizing apple of a man in the corner of the room. He wore a casual suit and yet it couldn’t hide his brilliance. A man who made a simple cloth as if branded. People greeted him—men compared themselves while women tried to flirt in vain. He seemed like a big shot.

I loved challenges! My eyes shone and my tongue licked my cherry lips. A prey. I would hunt him until he crawls under my crotch. A toy. Something I would cherish for the meantime before throwing it into the drain. After all, men were plenty. They could fall in line and it was never-ending. I only cared about the pleasure of the body.

Somehow, the man sensed my stare. Taken aback at first, he smiled showing his white teeth.

Dugen.

How could a human show such a smile? It was beautiful beyond compare.

Was he a God’s favorite? Extraordinary! Now that I ogled at him, only a fitting word I could mutter was how extraordinary he was. His atmosphere disdained everything around him. Yet his persona was as brilliant as the sun. People approached him, yet distanced themselves respectfully. But he gave them a warm welcome instead. Mysterious on the outside; sunny inside.

He was the center of attraction, other than me. A magnet. He topped everyone with only his bearings.

My world went silent as I stared at him with a scorching gaze. I couldn’t care about the party anymore. None of it mattered now.

Have I tasted a man like him? I wanted to try! For the first time in my life, my heart raced like a wild horse. I wanted this man! Only having him in my grasp I would feel accomplished!

The strongest power in my hands and the most beautiful man under my heels… I loved it!

1