Chapter 14 – Setback
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 – Setback

I always jogged at 5 am because I liked the chill coursing through my skin. I had to relax after going through the previous commotion. And jogging was one way of enriching myself before I took on a huge workload.

The road in front of me seemed desolate, unlike the busy streets of metropolitan. Commoners and gawkers had to get up early to earn money there. I described them as the ‘most diligent dog gets the hottest poop’. Even wealthy men woke up early to face a mountain of papers.

Thank God. Alone and without the noise, nothing could interrupt my train of thought. Or so I thought.

When I went to the corner, a sudden force hit me on the shoulder. I staggered in shock. Turning around, I saw a man running away. He looked distressed.

Though I had no qualms about his feelings. The only thing I cared about was the irritation of disrupting my thinking. Calm down, Karen. Fuuu. I would have killed the fucker if my mood wasn’t good.

Last night, I had a meaningful time with the man known as Daimon. We talked about business, politics, and even random stuff. His presence made the night shinier but shorter. I enjoyed talking with him.

Unlike his appearance, though, he seemed pretty meek. He wasn’t as impressive as I thought. However, his humor tickled my taste buds. I felt no disappointment. The worst people I’d met were pretentious, lustful pricks.

Truth be told, aside from his handsome face, he could only be a good friend. I pursued the best taste of the men I met because I had no time for romance. I said before that love was only for the commoners. People like Daimon, they better off being a friend or one-night-stand.

“Still, if I make him my follower, I can solve many problems. My father will stop pestering me and the masses will like me. A trophy boyfriend.”

A pretty person could get a lot of publicity. Heh, there was nothing he could do if I abduct him.

But while immersed in my imagination, I staggered once again. This time, an old woman collided with me. She got hurt, evident from her painful expression. Even then, she tried to smile and asked if I needed help. A kind lady, I supposed.

Who was I? I would have nothing to do if I answered and helped her. Also, people kept on bumping me! I barely endured the rising irritation! She was fortunate that I turned away.

Yet just as I continued, a heckle of laughter sounded in front. Two males and one female. Judging from their appearance, they were students. And their target happened to be the old woman. Scorn painted their faces.

“Bullying a weak person…” I didn’t frown because I knew how it felt. In fact, I even showed disdain.

How could these lowlifes understand the sheer ultimate power? So, I felt responsible. I had to educate them. Only people like me have that experience. At least, they could relish this single incident till the day they die.

“That’s not how you terrorize people.” The three students stared blankly at me. ‘Isn’t she the Plastic Princes?’ I could see what questions they had in mind. Nonetheless, I continued schooling them. After all, it was refreshing to help others.

“You got to push them harder while they are down. Only then they wouldn’t have the strength to stand up.” Satisfied, I cheered at them before leaving.

“Go on! Fighting!”

What I didn’t know was the repercussion I’d created today.

2