Chapter 18 – Devil
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 – Devil

Everything had changed. Daimon and I always went out together. We played as much as we want. My feelings for him increased each day, but I didn’t know how to disclose them. I, who had been into many relationships, suddenly became a ‘virgin’. We barely touched each other and every time we did, I felt shy and avoided looking at him.

Though, I didn’t know how he feels about me.

If I was being narcissistic, he should be interested in me because we spent so much time together. But looking at the current situation, we resembled best friends instead.

Sigh.

I didn’t have time to worry about my relationship, either. Because I didn’t expect… bumping into the old lady would escalate so much.

The White House became cramped like a can of sardines. People tried to invade and vandalize the place, but the police force was ready. But this didn’t stop the people from hollering curses.

Our company was also experiencing a traffic jam. Employees didn’t have to take attendance anymore and worked from home instead.

Meanwhile, I, the center of the situation, had to play by the ear. This company was basically my baby. My father left it to my hands ever since he started politics. I hadn’t had my coming-of-age when I was already holding this enormous responsibility. Also, I hid my secrets in it. There was nothing I could do because it was too important to me.

Thus, the scene of me going to the company every day spread. An army of ‘glorious purpose’ people blocked the entrance and exit. One group demanded an explanation from my father, while another group wanted a piece of me. They would burn me alive if not for my helicopter.

And the last and the most important, someone tried to kill me. I could still feel the cold sweat dripping down my nose. That fucker!

Looking at my executives, I decided what I have to do.

“Someone’s behind this.” A bespectacled woman in a grey suit uttered. She was my trusted aide, helping me to manage the company without problems. Also, she was a Mind Weaver. One of the rarest creatures.

“Any leads, Katarina?”

The woman hesitated before biting the bullet. “Your father…

“I see.” I nodded without exposing my true feelings. “Then we shall proceed with the Plan Z.”

“The last alphabet.” Everyone in the room nodded.

“How is it?” A man in his sixties asked. He had an infallible imposing figure, despite him trying hard to appear gentle.

“Mr. President, it’s done.”

“Good. The election is near. I want another perfect run. The man pondered about politics. It was ‘fixed’ regardless of the people’s choice. But he wanted to make it seem like the government was partial and followed democracy.

“It doesn’t matter what she does, or if she is my daughter. She goes against my way… I could only defeat her just like what I did to my rivals.” A sinister expression flashed on his face before disappearing like a lie.

But the subordinate who faced him trembled as if he’d seen the devil. He suddenly thought of the woman he had just gotten to know. She was arrogant and childish. But behind her persona, she was very intelligent. She hid too deeply that even her father didn’t know. However, he knew no matter how smart she was, she wouldn’t be able to lift the behemoth’s finger. He then stared at his fingers typing at the keyboard—these hands who sow discord and disinformation just to get money.

1