Chapter 19 – Plan Z
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 – Plan Z

The plan was basically for me to become the mayor of the capital city. Though, the details we dogged were excruciating. After all, the opponent I had to fight was the world. And it was apparent that my father was my first opponent.

The first criterion where it will only proceed when something unexpected happens. For example, a rally that expanded for months. This took a toll on the company’s expenses. Another example was a planned assassination.

My business spanned from construction to real states, law firms, and various food chains and restaurants across the country. Now, we barely had clients and customers because of the incident. My big partners remained, though. They knew I needed only one word to solve the problem. This problem became nonexistent as long as my father give his blessings. Too bad my father was using this excuse to take down a notch in my dream.

“Crazy old man!”

On the topic, the second we had to consider was my father’s position. The election was near, and allies and enemy-turned-allies were now spawning like bacteria. No one would see them on normal days, but now, you couldn’t even enjoy the sceneries without seeing their fake smiling faces in a tarpaulin.

The problem was, that my father seemed to antagonize me. Usually, he would cover any willful things I’d done in the past. But now, he didn’t care about my position anymore.

“Have you discovered anything?” I asked the best people I have.

The Five Elites. A group I created to conquer the world. All of them was leading figure or expert in their field.

“It seems your father has found a new heir.” A man with a goatee grinned. People would always feel uncomfortable around him despite his neat appearance. Even though he was the most sinister of the five, he was my second trusted person.

An old man tapped his cane. He was once a senator. A relative of mine from my mother’s side. He was the think tank of the group. “Normal people will only think you are nothing but a brat who has a sledgehammer. But in truth, those with a good head can see the entire chess.”

“You are shooting your father’s foot because of your claim of territory. It was inevitable he will be wary of you. In my country, we kill anyone regardless of if they are blood relatives.” A woman in a red dress smirked. Normal people would assume she was a prostitute. But everyone in the room knew she was dangerous. The leader of the largest mafia family in the world. She was a terrible woman who caused a storm! A storm from killing hundreds of families just because she felt hungry! These families got marginalized anyway, in the slums, so no one defended them.

“All of you are talking about different things.” I shook my head. “How about it, Yuwei? What’s the chance of success?”

“Usurping the mayor's position, one hundred percent. Make everyone fight your father while being allied with him, fifty-one percent. Enemies with him, only fifteen percent. The chances of killing him depend on the situation. But I bet on twenty to eighty percent. Though, dethroning him is one hundred percent impossible.” Sitting at the center of the table, a man in a shiny suit propped his head with his hands. He had squinty eyes and a crooked mouth.

“So, even in death, I cannot replace him?”

“Yep. However, if we bet on the chance that everyone going against us… our success is guaranteed two hundred percent!” A greedy sheen flashed in his eyes. “It's the third thing we need to consider.

“But what if they don’t?”

“Then it’s an uphill battle. We have arms and ammunition. But we are only shooting at clouds and bubbles.”

“But if we produce a lot of firepower, one or two will not miss!” I wore a confident expression.

All of them nodded. “But they are not necessarily going along. We may provoke a few of them, but the biggest and smartest fishes certainly won’t.”

Katarina fixed her glasses and spoke. “We only have thirty days. I’ll complete the procedure for your application, Ma’am. In the meantime, continue showing your actions. If possible, aggravate it further. We'll do what they want since they don't want us to have a good time.

1