Chapter 29 – Falling hard (1)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 29 – Falling hard (1)

It had been weeks since a large number of thugs invaded Daimon’s place. However, a bomb exploded in an instant the moment they set foot there. Only a couple of people lived.

“Ma’am, don’t believe in Daimon’s lies!” A man with a scar on his chin said while gritting his teeth.

“Who are you to talk to me?” My shrill voice was coming out.

“I am Boss’ subordinate!” The man’s eyes became bloodshot. “I regret not coming with them!”

“Fool!” I scoffed at him. “That’s all the more reason! You are nothing but a coward for letting your master die!”

I was angry. The plan had been a failure. It was a huge setback considering we have a little time. I trusted Arnold because he was strong but his emotions got better of him.

“Scram!”

The man spat before walking away with large strides.

“I think it’s best to believe him.” I turned around and glance at my secretary.

“What are you saying, Katarina? I also don’t believe in Daimon.” Sneering, I said. “I’ll deny anything that might become obstacles to our plan. That’s why I have to see it in my eyes.”

“You are in love with him. That’s why.”

“Shut up!”

“I can do what he can do.” She replied with a firm tone. “I’m always with you. You have been into many relationships. But not serious. Only this time your heart flutters. I can’t see you descending into hell.”

I bit my lips. Feeling complicated, I fought the urge to slap Katarina’s mouth. She had been like that. Always nagging about what to do and what not to do. And always having those eyes. It made me uncomfortable. She was a woman for God’s sake! I’m not against LGBT, but I knew myself that I only like men. But I couldn’t do anything because she had been with me for a long time and was very reliable.

She had a hand in Arnold’s gang's illegal intrusion. Diplomacy and connections were just two of her strong points. White and black; where the true colors of the world and she was a good painter.

Killing the Country C President would give us a reason to indirectly control the Country C. With it, I would have a power equal to my father. From then on, I could ally with other countries. And before they woke up, I already occupied their territories.

Thus, this setback was quite large. I lost one of my elites and also my plan was exposed. I could see the small moves these giants were doing.

They were ready.

It might seem like a small move but it was devastating to the lower rungs of the society. The poorer became the poorest. While richer planned to become even richer!

Why they were reacting too much? I felt a sense of ecstasy and nervousness. Finally! I’m not just a plastic princess! I’m also a player in this grand chess!

See?! See that dad?! You wanted to replace me as soon as you get a son! But never in your dreams, I would replace you instead! Aha!

Nevertheless, I cooled down because I knew overconfidence would lead me to the abyss. Speaking of, I felt I should listen to Katarina. I might love Daimon but I didn’t want my overconfidence in his gentleness to lead me astray.

Thus, I went to talk to him.

And I fell in love with him again.

1