Chapter 30 – Falling hard (2)
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 – Falling hard (2)

I stared at his side profile. The beautiful background flashed as our car drove past it. He chuckled when he noticed my stare though. Did I look awestruck? Or was there dirt on my face? Shit. What was I doing?

Placing my hand on my chest, it was erratic as ever. Never I had felt so nervous with anyone. I feared my father so I was always nervous before him. But my feelings for Daimon seemed so genuine I feared losing him.

 Was it worth it? A voice sounded in my mind.

Was he worth the dream I’ve been dying to accomplish? It sounded again.

I asked my heart. It loved him. But then I asked my brain. And it told me it was better to come clean. There were many suspicious points after all.

"Daimon… what are you doing in Country C?”

“Business trip.” He gave an innocent smile. “My country was eager to enter the market. They wanted to ride the momentum of my success in inventing the Time Machine.”

“Speaking of, why did you invent it? Do you want to time travel?” My mind became clear.

“Yes.” A fleeting sadness emerged from his eyes. But I, who intently staring at him, saw it.

“It’s just… nothing.” He smiled while shrugging it off. “I wanted to help my country with it. It’s small. But it’s important to me. People have happy smiles and hardworking. They encourage me to be who I am. So, I wanted to do something for them.”

“I didn’t know you were patriotic.” I teased him before slapping his fantasies. “Only the authorities and oligarchs will benefit from your invention, isn’t it?”

“Farmers will know when rain or drought will come. Because of that, the masses won’t be hungry anymore. Entrepreneurs will know which trend to follow. The economy will blossom and everyone will live healthily. The crime rates will decrease because there’s no need to anymore. And police can finally arrive in time.”

“You are too innocent. The world is far worse than you can imagine.”

Daimon’s eyes glinted and his face transformed into a steely determination. “That’s why, as long as I’m living, my inventions will only benefit everyone.”

I closed my eyes. My heart couldn’t help but softened. I whispered to myself. “He’s in pain for the loss of his parents. But he still has a heart of gold to help others.”

“Then, there’s one last thing I to make sure.” I took something from the back of the car. A helmet.

He found it funny. “Going to wear a helmet inside a car?”

I only smiled. Calm, I didn’t bat an eye as I activated its function. An oscillating light flashed towards Daimon.

But he only blinked.

“What’s that light just now?”

“Nothing.”

A sigh of relief exited my mouth. I only just noticed my back covered in sweat. But I was thankful I found nothing.

Though, I didn’t notice the pulsating silver lights circling his wrist.

1