Chapter 31 – Falling hard (3)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31 – Falling hard (3)

Getting out of the car, I suddenly felt weak. My mind went blank and then I saw something that made my heart freezing cold.

It was a vision. It was the place we were planning to go. Peaceful. Close to nature. I could unwind here with him. That’s why we planned to get there.

But there was a sudden earthquake. Daimon and I, who were eating ice cream on the bench, looked up and saw a crane falling down on us. Everything seemed too quick. I screamed while people kept yelling.

Then, I got pushed. My gaze locked on the inhumanely handsome face. He exhaled as if he felt relieved. The familiar smile flashed at me. As if he was reassuring me.

“Live. My dear, Karen.”

And then, he got crushed into a pile of blood.

“Noooooo!”

Crash.

I could hear my heart crashing like a vase breaking.

I took several steps back before falling on the summer-hot floor. I didn’t know I would feel despair at someone’s death. Especially, seeing it in front of me. To others, I’m just a heartless bitch. Even I believed it.

They were selfish and I was selfish. But seeing how he put me first before himself… it destroyed me. For the first time,

Pedestrians glanced at me, wondering why I was shouting and shaking. Daimon quickly went to my side. I stared at him longingly. My eyes captured his full figure.

“What’s wrong?”

“Let’s not go.” I stammered and I was on the verge of crying.

“What?”

“Let’s not go, please!” I knew he could see the fear in my eyes. That vision – I didn’t want it to happen! I loved him! I was really in love with him! Desperately. Undyingly.

I couldn’t deny nor ignore these feelings.

“Okay.” He agreed without hesitation and smiled while patting me on the back. I could feel his kind gestures.

How he led back to the car… How he didn’t ask what happened… And how he kept saying corny jokes to comfort me…

My body went numb and my face became hot. He was too good for me. The fear of death made me come to terms with my feelings. Thus, I became bolder. I didn’t want to waste any more seconds, fearing it might be the last.

“Why are you good to me?”

He got taken aback and his eyes looked to the side. “Well, you are a special person to me.”

A sweet feeling pervaded my entire being. So cute! I wanted to taste him! I wanted him right this instant!

But when I peered at him, he was also looking at me in his peripheral vision. Sparks flew and lightning traveled through my body. We quickly looked away in embarrassment.

“Ehem. Are you sure you don’t want to go?” I could see his Adam’s apple bopping down. How cute he was clearing his throat!

“Let’s not go to any place today. Okay?” I still felt worried. What if the vision would still come true?

Our car arrived at my house. We both didn’t say anything. One, because of the embarrassing atmosphere we had. Two, because I was being greedy. And three, because I didn’t want something to happen to him.

“Why don’t you sleep in?”

Oh, fuck! Why did my voice sound so flirty?!

1