Chapter 32 – Intellect
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32 – Intellect

“Yuwei, make sure to suppress the opposition in the cabinet. We also have to hostage that perverted senator. This time, we cannot fail. Understand?”

A man wearing a shiny suit chuckled. He put the cellphone down before grinning like a fool.

“Karen will kill to know you are going to betray her trust.” There was another man leaning on the wall. Unlike the man wearing a shiny suit, the latter made his simple clothes seem expensive.

“I understand your concerns, Daimon.”

Daimon looked at the squinty eyes before him. He was like a snake ready to prey on a small animal. One wrong move and anyone would find themselves snared by the latter. But Daimon smirked, knowing full well he could use the latter as easy as eating a pie.

“You can follow her words. But kill the senator instead. He’s friends with Karen’s father. And I also don’t like that bastard.” A sense of disgust welled up inside Daimon. The senator molested children and none the wiser to go against him. Fortunately, the election was near and the police had a lot on their hands. It was the safest time to kill people!

Yuwei laughed and the way he looked at Daimon changed a little. “Kekeke. I thought you are an unfeeling man.”

Daimon gave him a final glance before walking out.

“Such a man is willing to betray anyone for the sake of his corrupted sense of self… He’s too dangerous to be left alone. I have to kill him later.”

“Still, it was easy making him join my pirate ship. I only needed to circumvent his twisted thinking. He was already dissatisfied with Karen’s uncle. An old faded dude. And it was a hit to Yuwei’s ego for Karen to only listen to the latter.”

“However, if I have to pick, I will also choose that old dude.” It was rare for Arnold to put someone on such a high pedestal.

“Oh, Karen. Your beauty, power, and determination are fatal attractions. Albeit, its magnets not only love but hate too.”

“I really respect your ability though. You have found capable people. If I’m not in the equation, you might really able to conquer the world.”

Daimon sighed. “Intelligence isn’t my strength. But living this long, I’ve learned to study harder.”

“Fools always try to undermine education. But they didn’t know that the sheet of paper or the carved wood is both the same product of education.”

“Someone can earn his certificate and license by learning through theory. Someone can make thousands of sculptures by learning through countless practices and failures. Both are respectable.”

“That’s why people like Yuwei, who is arrogant and only knows to underestimate, are only fools.”

Buzz. Suddenly, his cellphone vibrated, waking him up from reverie. Daimon took it and saw a message.

“There’s a widespread commotion surrounding the country. The elites were arguing against the commoners because of the incoming election. It seems Karen has made another move.”

The handsome man checked the social media, and sure enough, everyone was in heated arguments. Professionals gave a series of logical views whilst trampling their opponent’s hearts. The insecure commoners smart-shamed the opposite, saying that it was better to have manners than education.

He snickered before sighing. “She really wants to escalate everything badly. Unlike me, she’s really a true mastermind.”

1