Chapter 33 – Well Family
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33 – Well Family

The Well Family was an ancient family residing in the country from the start of its history. They were a family of warriors who forged the path for the country to build. And unlike Arnold’s family who declined so much, the Well Family remained the pillar of Country P to date.

Today, silver lanterns flowed along with the winds as the entire Well residence became boisterous. Maids could be seen running across the corridors and guards laughing at their station. Every worker of the Well Family had a smile on their face.

But unlike the situation outside, the scene inside was depressing.

“She isn’t coming.” A woman in her forties sneered after receiving a call. “I said it before, that Karen doesn’t belong to our family.”

“Forget about her already!”

A man roared at her. “How dare you, Sister! She’s still your niece!”

“Niece? To begin with, did she even consider us relatives?”

Everyone at the table started getting into nasty conversation like a domino effect. It was split in half; one group hoping for a complete reunion of the family while the other group just wanted nothing to do with Karen.

Only one man with a cane remained silent. He was Gerome Well. An ex-military general and an ex-senator. Also, a member and the think-tank of the Elite Five that Karen assembled.

From the outside view, George was the iron fist of Country P. His fame spread far and wide as he tutored and helped the previous president to make the country a superpower. But inside his circle, he was known as a family guy.

He may not look like it, but he loved reading. He knew he wasn’t comparable to his sibling’s intelligence. That’s why he went to the military. But later on, he began to understand that even in the military, intelligence was still the major weapon.

Thus, as he aged in his career, fewer and fewer voices of the opposition appeared. Reaching the highest rank in the military, becoming Chief of the Police, and then entering politics, became too easy. Previous presidents lowered their heads to learn from him.

There were no blemishes in his track record either. Few wanted to become his enemies because of his spartan means and elaborate plans. More so when he was too down-to-earth living and didn’t make mistakes of any kind. Aside from screaming at the government officials, of course.

And then, he enjoyed his years of retirement.

The only regret he had was the death of his sister.

“If only you fools know how much Karen wanted to come here. She longed for your warmth. Because only you fools are her remembrance to her late mother.”

The old man sighed. “I know you also loved her. Every time we are having a get-together, you always expect her to come, and yet also always leave broken-hearted. Even the hate you are showing was just a façade of how disappointed you are.”

“But that child is too stubborn! She wanted to be with her dad no matter what!”

“Her mom is like that too.”

“What did that bastard have? He made his wife die in his arms! And now, he let his daughter suffer for many years!”

“Even the actions she was doing right now were nothing but a 'cry of plea' for her father!”

“If he isn’t the president, I’ll already rip him to shreds!”

Zoom.

Suddenly, a loud air-splitting noise sounded. Everyone looked at the window and saw a missile thundering right on their noses! Their face changed into horror!

Old Man George showed an alarmed expression. The veins on his right hand ruptured but he gritted his teeth. And like a beast waking up from his slumber, he brandished the cane in his hand with a roar!

A beautiful arc materialized. Everyone became mesmerized as they stared wide-eyed at the slash meeting the incoming missile!

Bang!

The Well Family’s mansion collapsed. Fortunately, everyone was safe and sound. But when they looked at the trembling hunch back in front of them, they panicked! The latter’s hand was severed and his face got covered with smoot!

Everyone glared at the loud machine hanging above them. A helicopter! They could see men in black readying the mounted machine guns.

However, they wouldn’t be the Well Family if they couldn’t even deal with a single machine!

“Masters and Mind Weavers! Formation!” One man roared and several shadows soon sprung around them.

“WAIT!” But a shout from George stopped the assault. The latter looked at the person who jumped out of the helicopter.

“Daimon.”

1