Chapter 35 – Resentment
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35 – Resentment

I stared at the fake face and craved to beat it. The owner of it waved intimately at the masses. Being her daughter, I had to rein my disgust while sitting beside him. I didn’t want to lay my eggs, only to be hatch as premature chicks.

At the end of the procession, my father sat quickly and sighed.

“Voting is sure a handful. If it’s possible, I’ll make my vote in the study with a wine. By the way, who did you vote for, daughter?”

I glanced at my father before looking down. “You, of course.”

He scoffed though. “You should be ashamed.”

This made me tremble. I couldn’t help but glare at him. “Ashamed? Ashamed for what? For you? You should be the one to feel shame!”

“When did you get a whore? Huh? Tell me, father, why I didn’t know I have a brother of another mother?” My voice octave higher.

He smirked and looked at me as if he was looking at a pet throwing tantrums. “I don’t need your consent nor your opinion. What I want is a human who will do what I told.”

“Heh. You’ll lose. I will make it so you won’t leave your study room anymore.”

“Confident. Still, stop playing fire. Politics aren’t something a little girl like you can step her pinkies.”

“You are the one who is overconfident. You are no god, just an asshole. Let me tell you, I investigated my mom’s death.” Veins protruded from my forehead after seeing the change in his expression.

“So, it’s true you have something to do with it.”

His entire demeanor shifted. I could see the red veins swimming in his eyes. He was that angry!

“Karen, tell me! What do you know! What do you know!!!”

I didn’t notice he was already strangling my neck. His bodyguards helped me in the situation, but I was just in a state of shock. Nonetheless, my face warped into utter hatred!

“Father??? What a father you are!!!”

“Wait for your retribution!” There was something demonic in my voice. The stomach-churning idea that my father was responsible for my mom’s death… push me into the abyss!

I saw their quick shudder. My hand caressed the plastic face I wore since I was a child. Now, what I lack was a fine wine! Because I could finally justify my revenge!

0