Chapter 36 – Election
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36 – Election

The world wasn’t ready. Everything just fell apart and no one could stop it from happening. And now, there were no nations anymore.

Everyone in the country watched the election with apt attention. The result was shocking, to say the least.

Courtney Labrador, an up-and-coming politician, was another favorite to win the presidential race. People knew her from her campaigns. She seemed humble and passionate to help the poor. Porridge – this food became her symbol because it always existed in her every event. Hence, her entire race embodied the sense of camaraderie and kinship among commoners.

Elites liked her style. Despite being decorated with several achievements, Courtney remained modest and it showed how superior elites were.

This didn’t go well with the commoners. The latter felt she was a hypocrite and dismissed everything she did. Regardless of whether her motives were really true or not.

This didn’t go well with the elites. Who the fuck would they vote for? Karen’s father? He was a power-hungry monster who preyed on the poor. But the latter rather picked him than a woman who had nothing but education.

The elites felt the commoners were too ignorant or idiotic to make sense.

It became a cycle. Courtney tried to help the poor. Poor didn’t want her help because of the elites. Elites were arrogant. Poor was ignorant and chose Karen’s father. The latter became more powerful for no reason other than the hatred between elites and commoners. Elites had a smaller number compared to the poor; the poor felt please they defeated the elites and thought they were doing the right thing. Then, elites kept doing the wrong thing. Courtney was still trying but she was a woman.

As result, the initial showing of the candidates’ votes already showed an impossibly enormous difference.

“Woman. A woman’s voice is so little in this world. We have to try harder than men just to get validation.”

“Because people believe women should just be a wife and take care of kids.” Katarina fixed her glasses. Next, she scanned at the trembling men kneeling in front of her. This made her smirk.

“So, for a woman to make a difference, we need to suffer a bit. For a woman to voice her opinions, we need to lose a limb or two. Only then this world will be fair.”

“Cabinets, Lady Karen needs your help.”

“The last one who made a move will suffer a little ‘punishment’. Do you understand?”

They trembled even further. The smell of sweat and urine wafted, but Katrina’s face didn’t change a slightest. Like a demon, she smiled while observing the increasing number of Courtney’s votes.

She thought – only a woman had the right to rule the world!

0