Chapter 37 – Last supper
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 37 – Last supper

“Eat. It seems like… this will be our last meal together.” The president’s mouth curved upwards. “After this, I won’t consider you my daughter anymore.”

Karen stared at his eyes. All it contained was malice. She felt her heart hit the bottom once again. Every time she picked up the broken pieces of herself, she suddenly got knocked again to the ground.

Right now, the emotions she had was only hatred and despair. The food appeared bland as the thoughts of defeating him ran through her mind.

Her mother’s face; what was her look again? She saw her pictures every day while crossing the stairs. Yet, she could never remember it. Nevertheless, she was her only solace. Neither her father nor God decided to love her. But her mother died giving birth to her. Her mother loved her, right?

The nails she maintained dug through the flesh of her palms. Was she really willing to believe an unbelievable hope? That probably… probably her mother loved her? Was she that hopeless already?

She caressed the trembling of her hands. To appear weak in front of her father seemed asking for an immediate defeat.

“Did you look at the news?” All of a sudden, he spoke with a smirk on his face. She glanced upwards and saw him fiddling with his phone.

Karen’s heart sunk. She knew it was bad based on his reaction. Sure enough, it was an enormous difference after she brought out her phone.

“As expected of you, Father.” Karen breathed hard and her fighting spirit soared. Once again, she gazed directly into his eyes and her eyes shone like never before!

“I will only feel accomplished if I fight you fair and square.”

The president smiled and cut a piece of meat. “How was it? The mayor has sixteen million dollars as budget. Give or take, the previous mayor only has less than five million. And you used it in an instant.”

“I didn’t know you are interested in my shopping spree.” The woman chuckled.

“Heh. You bought a dozen of assassins. It’s a good deal if you are to ask me. So, you used them to hostage the cabinets, aren’t you? First, you only dealt with a few. Then used their money and abused their power before striking at others. Quite efficient.”

“People are afraid of their lives.” Karen paused. “But they are more afraid of condemnation. They don’t want someone trampling their pride. So, if you hit on their family, they buckled almost immediately.”

“You still don’t believe in love. Just like what I imparted to you.” A devilish sheen appeared in his eyes. “Too bad, you are a woman. If not for your traitorous trait, I will gladly put you under me.”

“I didn’t know you could say nonsense, my dear father.”

“I have no place for women in my government.”

“That’s why you get rid of my mother.” This made her father scowl before recovering his poise.

But Karen wasn’t finished yet. “She is an excellent woman. A member of the Well Family.  A family of warriors.”

“Your maiden relatives are overrated.” He thought it was hilarious and bent his body. Karen had never seen her father losing it. But she could see with clear vision.

He was just an insecure man.

0