Chapter 39 – Daughter
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 39 – Daughter

Courtney’s votes caught up to Karen’s father in an overwhelming fashion. It was a miracle, the nation wondered aloud. Many commoners lamented while the Elite took their time to tease their opponents.

Only the said person was an exception.

Courtney Labrador only entered politics due to her late husband. Or so many people thought. In truth, she just wanted vengeance!

Her actions had nothing to do with people. A hypocrite, who used the masses for her own means. Nonetheless, her path of revenge had no blood spilled on it. It was crystal clear that she had no reason to involve the innocent. For her, she didn’t feel any malice even when every people in the country bashed her on social media.

The lonely wife looked at a photo. It was a family picture of her husband, her, and a pretty girl. They looked happy.

“I don’t want to destroy a family.”

“You can’t do anything about it.” Daimon appeared behind her. “He’s your enemy. Don’t feel guilty.”

“Remember, he killed your husband. Violated your daughter which led to her suicide!”

“You can’t have your revenge without affecting the others.”

“Above all, Karen is using you. You are both benefiting from this.”

Courtney stared at his eyes. They said eyes were the reflection of the soul. “Are you really doing this for the sake of Karen?”

“Of course.”

This made the widow put a helpless smile. “Your eyes… forget about it.”

“I’m sorry father. But you are just a sorry excuse of a person.” Karen closed her eyes for a minute before sneering.

A trace of sadness appeared on the man’s face. “Aren’t you the same? All your life you have been chasing my shadow!”

Clatter.

“Fuck!” Karen threw her glass to the ground.

“So, to you, was I just a desperate person?”

“Yes.”

Karen’s body shook. She went from trembling like turbulent waves to as calm as an ocean.

“You’ve succeeded, father. All your aspirations, everything you’ve built… I’ll destroy it.” Karen pushed the button on her phone. In the same instance, the entire country got thrown into chaos!

A national-scale brownout appeared! It was an unprecedented event!

Her father just observed her from start to finish. She resembled her mother alike. But at the same time, she had his passion!

“For days to come, the price of food will rise exponentially. The country you created will be in ruin after this.”

The president chuckled. “To be fair, it was Well Family who created this country alongside the previous president. Nevertheless, I cannot let a little girl shoot over my head.”

“I have a little bank that I kept secret for a situation like this.”

“What do you mean?” Karen frowned.

He gave a vague smile. “Unlike any other politicians, I’m not as corrupt as them. The money that I plundered went to that secret bank.”

“Let’s compete who will dry out first. My money or your little ploy.”

Karen frowned. He seemed pretty confident so she was sure her father could last a long time!

“How can you win with only stalling?”

“Don’t forget I’m the president.” He wore a confident expression.

But Karen’s face turned into a victorious look.

“Sorry, not anymore.”

0