Chapter 42 – Date
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 42 – Date

Waking up from my reverie, I saw Katarina coming back. She looked at me and nodded heavily.

Fuuu.

As if a big load got lifted from my shoulders, I felt light. I could breathe like a normal human.

“Are you not sad?” But it seemed she was dubious about my feelings.

To hide my sadness, I closed my eyes and sneered instead. “I’ve been sad for him many times. I’m not this time. And… I have someone who cares for me.”

My eyes gradually gained their light when I thought about Daimon. Finally, I only needed to wait for the countries’ surrender and to get Daimon at my fingertips!

I knew this day was worth celebrating!

Daimon actually invited me on a date!

I carefully dressed up today. This time, I would reel him with my fish hook! Red dress? Check! Hairdo? Check! Poise? Check! Lingerie? Big check!

Daimon, would you rather eat me or I eat you? I sauntered in front of the mirror. Hmph! If this didn’t work, I don’t know anymore, Daimon! You might as well be a bat!

Snickering, I phoned my driver and headed to the venue.

But just when my feet barely touched the ground, I looked up and my eyes widened in an instant!

His appearance took my breath away!

His chiseled jaws reflected the dim lights. He turned around slowly and his eyes lit up by the sight of me! A tiny gap emerged from his mouth as if my appearance shocked him! And then a lovely smile spread across his face!

Was my reflection that beautiful? Or was it his eyes, clear of worldly desires, that showed how beautiful I am? Perhaps, at this moment of time, I managed to catch his heart.

Dugen. My heart beat faster and faster. Where was my confidence? Chest up, lady! He was your date! It meant a lot!

Standing near him, I could smell the fragrant perfume he sprayed carefully. Enthusiasts said that there was a technique of spraying perfume. Now, I could attest to it.

He lifted his hand, waiting for me to hold it. My face became beet red but the vestiges of my education helped me to stay awake. I put my hand on his palm. I had never thought I could be this gentle.

My subconscious kicked in, holding his hand tighter. I took a deep breath from my carelessness but instead of being surprise, his hold also became tighter.

Only this time I could sense how hot his hands. I felt safe. I gazed at him. And he with me.

The world became a standstill as both of us watched the souls of each other.

Instantly, a beautiful firework bloomed in the sky.

“Beautiful lady, may I help you?”

His tease only made my entire body go numb. I became powerless. As if I was deboned. But the tingling in my chest felt surreal and sweet.

I gave a hum and he took it as a cue to lead me inside the restaurant.

The night was still long.

0