Chapter 44 – Window
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44 – Window

“What do you think of the future of the country?”

I snuggled in his arms like a kitten and gazed at his eyes. “Which country? Mine or yours?”

“This country.”

“Hehe. Not much. My father probably will still continue what he was doing.”

“What’s wrong?” I should see something bugging him. But I was too worried about what he was thinking of me.

He gave a small smile. “Look at the window.”

“What?”

“Window. You’ll see.”

Before I could turn around, I heard a hair-raising air-splitting sound! Just only from the sound, my body started to have a nervous breakdown!

And what I glimpsed from a tiny moment, brought terror to me like never before!

BANG!

A huge mushroom cloud loomed over the horizon!

The word death seemed to appear from it! Next, an enormous shockwave spread! It resembled a huge body of a creature sweeping across the ground! The buildings collapsed and flew like an avalanche! Everything in my vision got evaporated and turned into a huge cloud!

My body got blown away. The last thing I saw was Daimon standing rooted in one place.

Cough.

Fumes kept assaulting my insides. It made me want to pull my lungs out despite being half asleep. It forced my groggy consciousness to clear up. My survival instincts channeled its power as it gave me strength.

Bam.

I climbed up from the pile of debris and then saw blood leaking from my foot. My face became grim. In a crisis, all injuries were critical. Especially when it was on the legs. Now, I knew I could not run fast enough. The toxic fumes and radiation would bite me to death.

Desperate. I felt unsafe and dug through the mess. Fortunately, I managed to get what I wanted.

I barely caught my breath when I remembered Daimon. Where was he? I started to worry about him.

I scanned the vicinity and saw nothing but a wasteland. Grey skies and hot winds pervaded the surroundings.

“Where are you, Daimon?”

“Daimon?

“DAIMON!”

My panic-filled cries reverberated. But I didn’t hear any reply. My eyes split open and despair and rage took over my sanity!

“DAIMON!!!”

0