Chapter 45 – Omen
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45 – Omen

Katarina saved me from a coma after I walked about a mile with an injured leg. I was always in a half-asleep state and had to stay in a private facility. I almost didn’t make it.

Nevertheless, the first thing I blurted out when I was awake was to find Daimon! Even if it meant they had to dig ten meters on the ground!

My men worked non-stop. But they couldn’t find anybody. Everything… and everyone evaporated.

“You are only alive because you are from the Well Family,” Katarina said.

It sounded like a curse to me.

Endowed by my family’s bloodline, I had never failed in any sports I participated in at school. This gave me a confidence boost at least amidst my loneliness during childhood.

And now because of it, I survived while Daimon was gone.

“Find it! Find who was responsible! I will make his or her life hell!” My nails dug through the bed sheet and ripped it apart!

Katarina hesitated and worries clouded her face. However, I was too busy focusing on my inner rage.

I only obtained the news after she left for hours.

The world was in ruins.

I felt worried more than shocked. I knew men had the capacity to destroy the world. But all of them were just chickens because they always think about profits.

Even I was subjected to this classification. I could only announce that I want to dominate the world through a few casualties, threats, and diplomacy. After all, a rich man had plenty of things to lose while a poor man didn’t have the luxury.

A war with bombs and guns, and a war with nuclear weapons were two different things! So, seeing hundreds of countries being destroyed in an instant, left room for speculation!

A different beast was on the loose. He or she was rich and powerful. But one who didn’t have scruples!

The most prevailing action was to hunt it. Yet, the danger of radiation and unrest would turn the world to its doom if not acted upon quickly.

Radiation would lead to a global-scale annihilation.

Country unrest was different than global scale unrest. Nonstop bloodshed would become the theme if it continued.

Thus, the pressing matter seemed to be in doing two things at the same time.

I contacted every government, but most of them refused me! They knew my machinations in starting the war. I argued that it was only temporary until we reached a consensus. Though, it only triggered them even more! They said it was better to fight till death than to be my slave!

I doubted their rhetoric. No man wanted to die. And no one wanted their country destroyed. A cold war was to be expected before they succumb to the tasty treats I will give later on. My plan was seamless if not for a madman destroying every country!

The small countries that took my banner after I subjugated, blackmailed, and cooperated with me, were gathered at my request. But they didn’t seem too keen on my idea of hunting the man.

I understood their reasons. They were just willing to obey me before because I ensured their safety. But now that their safety disappeared, I couldn’t order them anymore.

As for the only superpower nation allied to me, I was confused by their behavior instead. They seemed to urge me to rally everyone which was aligned with my goal.

“Something’s off. I should Katarina.”

But what I didn’t expect was her phone was off. This bothered me a lot. I looked at the grey sky. Was this an omen? My heart clenched in anxiety.

0