Chapter 46 – Katarina vs. Daimon (1)
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46 – Katarina vs. Daimon (1)

“This is the end.”

Katarina looked down. Her eyes met the abyss below. Atop of a skyscraper. Cornered. Above her was a grey sky. Just like when she was scrounging for food. The scene resembled her recollection.

She turned back, facing a horde of men in black clothes. It resembled the pack of hungry dogs surrounding her tiny body. And the figure of a drunk man was like a spitting image of Daimon.

“There’s no escape for you.” One man licked her lips while scanning her voluptuous body. He couldn’t help but drool at what he saw.

The usually stoic Katarina grinned instead. “I’m not escaping you, idiot.”

The man instantly became enraged but Daimon signaled him to stop.

“Don’t underestimate her just because she is a woman.”

“She’s just a secretary, Boss! How scary can she be?” The men hooted. The Mind Weavers frowned, however. They felt something off from Katarina but they couldn’t their finger on it.

Daimon scoffed at their naivety. “Before she became one, she was an animal who murdered one man and a group of dogs in an alley.”

Everybody gave her a second scan. But Daimon could still feel they weren’t still serious.

“Alas…” Daimon sighed before walking away.

Katarina didn’t want him to go, though.

“Hold it.” Daimon tried to ignore but her next word put him to a complete stop.

“Are you only a coward, Daimon? You used Karen. I also know that you didn’t fight Arnold fair and square. Just now, I received you faced the Well Family with tanks and weapons.”

“You only hide.” There was no provocation on the woman’s face. It seemed she was only stating a fact.

“Afraid? I’m only a woman. But I can beat the hell out of you.”

Instead of getting mad, Daimon chuckled. All of his subordinates shuddered. They knew how scary their leader was! But the damn woman failed to recognize the face of a demon!

“Oh. Katarina Answorth, thirty-four. No parents or guardians. No records. A non-existent person.”

“You’ve been Karen’s secretary. You are at her beck and call. A shadow. People always undermine you.”

“But I know. I always regarded you as a thorn.”

“Because of knowledge.” Katarina sneered.

“No. No. I won’t discredit you. You are more than that. Not because of your knowledge I consider you as a threat.”

“Just a while ago, I hired a Mind Weaver so strong she can put a ‘hero’ in a critical state.”

“You know, guys, the one before you are a similar existence.”

Everyone went pale. Their foreheads got covered with sweat as they stared at the woman whose face slowly darkening. If they hastily acted earlier, they wouldn’t have time to regret it!

Katarina put on a serious face and fix her sleeves.

“Well… die then.”

The building shook and brilliant lights flashed like lightning strikes! In the center of it, Katarina bathed in oscillating lights like a goddess of light!

Then, an enormous surge of mental power bounded the entire roof deck! It didn’t boast any gentleness at all! Instead, it bounded them to the ground with little to no room for movement!

And last, all of them stood in horror as the floor crumbled bit by bit!

Until it descended to hell!!!

0