Chapter 49 – Truth (1)
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49 – Truth (1)

Karen took note of the noise on the other side of the phone. The caller went silent after a few seconds. She took a deep breath and looked at Yuwei.

“Are your claims true?” Her voice seemed choked up a bit.

“Of course.” The shiny man smirked. “Not only Daimon is alive, but he will also backstab you.”

“I will only believe if I see it with my own eyes.” The woman bit her lips.

Yuwei rolled his eyes. “Is there a space for love in this situation?”

“People called our current state Armageddon.”

“I believe in him.” A sweet smile gradually emerged from the strong woman. “Even if he wanted to destroy the world, I will join him.”

Yuwei felt irritated looking at the fool before him. However, thinking about the dire situation they had, his desire to gain her body sprung from his mind.

He slowly put his hand on Karen’s shoulder and put on a kind expression. “Don’t worry, I’m here.”

Karen frowned and swatted his pesky limb. “Don’t touch me.”

“You don’t need to be afraid.”

“Afraid of you? Me?” Karen sneered. This made Yuwei fuming inside. But he was born shrewd and showed a sad expression instead.

“We went through a lot, after all. So, I thought we are friends at least. Let me comfort you. Promise I won’t take advantage of you.”

But Karen only gave him a side-eye.

“I can help you, though. Actually, I know where is Daimon.”

This time, Karen jumped on Yuwei and held his shoulders. “Where? Let’s go quick!”

The shiny man grinned. A creepy look flashed in his eyes before happily pulling Karen towards his car.

The duo watched the landscape as they progress. They saw the decaying plants and trees. The smell of rotting corpses wafted in the air. They even spotted people killing for food. Buildings fell or were titled on the ground. Debris piled like small mountains. They even noticed a hand protruding from the ground. The grey sky seemed to foretell the end of the world.

“Daimon did this.”

“Shut up.” Karen barked at his comment.

“I’m just telling you. I think it’s better if you face it beforehand. So, when he tells you the truth, you won’t be devastated as much.

“Shut up!”

0