Chapter 50 – Truth (2)
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50 – Truth (2)

Karen stared at the place they’d arrived. There was no lighting thus, they pulled a flashlight to see.

It was a warehouse. She frowned but seeing Yuwei unceremoniously entering, she followed suit.

“You know… I’ve been thinking about you since I saw you the first time. I can’t get you out of my mind.”

Karen frowned even harder. The other person seemed bolder. His strides became bigger as if he was excited.

“You are beautiful, smart, powerful, and fierce.” The man laughed after he said that.

“You are always out of reach. An apple on the top of the tree.”

After walking a couple of minutes, Karen stopped because she had enough.

“What are you on?”

“I’m just telling you. I like you.” Yuwei put his kind face and approached Karen. “Forget Daimon.”

“Just focus on me. On us. I can make you reach heaven.”

Like a greedy wolf, he pounced on her, thinking she was easy prey!

“I promise, I can make you forget him!”

“Ugh? Keeek!”

But he didn’t expect his hand to break. He looked up and saw the ceiling reversing. The next thing that happened was froth leaked from his mouth while Karen looked at him with uninterested eyes.

“So, are you gonna come out or not?”

Woosh.

A blinding light suddenly lit up and hundreds of shadows crept around her.

Unlike their expectations, Karen wasn’t even flustered. She just looked at her previous comrade, Jessica.

“I got an impression that you are not in Country I.”

The woman in the red dress gazed at the unconscious Yuwei and rolled her eyes. Then, she exchanged gazes with Karen and smirked. “Don’t you see me here?”

“Oh, Karen. My dear Karen. You are alone now. Creating the Elite Five is a mistake. After all, no one will love a woman like you.”

“I’m not naïve. I already know your tendencies.” Karen coolly said. She didn’t put the former in the eye because she had the strength to do so!

Those eyes! That fucking eyes that looked down on her! Jessica wanted to gouge Karen’s eyes!

Jessica took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She glared at Karen before her face cracked into laughter.

“I know you know me. But I bet you don’t know this one.”

From the darkness, a faint sound of footsteps emerged. But because of the weird silence of the place, it sounded like thunderclaps in everyone’s ears!

Karen didn’t know why, but her heart jolted as she stared at the approaching silhouette.

“YOU!”

The rims of her eyes reddened. More than the sadness. More than the idea of betrayal. And more than everything else.

The moment she saw Daimon was safe and sound… her heart found peace.

1