Chapter 56 – Old
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 56 – Old

Tomorrow really came.

I woke up and this time, I couldn’t move my limbs except for my fingers.

What life was this? My eyes darted around only to see the empty four corners of the room! Only the dim lights were all I have.

Seconds turned to minutes. Minutes, hours… I didn’t know how much time passed. The deafening silence got on my nerves. I started hallucinating, imagining my life.

Tears poured out of my eyes for the first time. The last time I cried was when I was still a child. I promised back then I will be a strong woman.

My life was colorful and I didn’t appreciate it. All I saw was red and I kept chasing it like a bull.

My father didn’t love me because I am mom’s child.

I ignored Well Family because I wanted my father’s love.

Katarina and I became estranged due to my pursuit of revenge.

And I became an evil person who used, trampled, and dragged people.

If I didn’t change and remained as the kind kid back then… I could imagine the smiles of the people who really meant a lot to me.

Katarina would still be my best friend. Helped Arnold with his dream of building a giant orphanage for the kids. Laughing with my relatives while eating sweets.

I might hate my father but I won’t reach the extra mile to destroy him. Maybe I would stop believing in God but I won’t let my hands be washed by the blood.

It might be a lackluster life, but I think it’s worth it.

“Unfortunately, you are a person who doesn’t like a boring day.”

I knew who suddenly spoke. But I could neither speak nor wanted to talk to him. I was in the last hour of my life. I wanted to leave with happy thoughts.

“It’s not enough.” He placed the helmet I created with my own hands on my head. He put his hand on it.

“Thank you. Because of your country, I upgraded my powers again.”

“Your guess is true. I come from the past. And you, also.”

I wasn’t shocked by his words. It was already the end after all. No suspense could change my emotions. Like a browning leaf, the only thing I had to do was to wait for my death.

“Even back then, you plotted to dominate the world. The same hatred with God. Using people left and right.”

“Using me. Your husband.”

My fingers shook! I fixed my eyes at the man looking down on me!

“You see, even though I already know it, I’m also curious… how promiscuous you were and how heartless you are to betray your husband.”

1