Chapter 62 – Her Past (7)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 62 – Her Past (7)

Karen rubbed the tiny bulge on her stomach. It should be a happy occasion for a woman’s life. In fact, the entire kingdom was celebrating. People put red ribbons, white flowers, and green lanterns at the entrance of their homes. These colors and objects symbolized the authority of the Kingdom of Iglesia.

But Karen looked at her pregnancy as a way to achieve her dreams.

“He won’t be able to ignore my pleas. I have his child after all.”

Sure enough, by using coquettish demand, a grand meeting between the kingdom got commenced. King Iglesia was reluctant to partake in such a venture because he didn’t feel safe without an heir. In people’s minds, the kingdom would only be stable if the king had a successor and many children.

Actually, King Iglesia felt ashamed because surely other kings would mock him for his inability to produce a descendant. But now, he felt a new lease on life.

The kings decided the venue to be a huge hall in the Kingdom of Rosia. Wise and noble gentlemen traveled far and wide to join the event. Meanwhile, ladies wore gorgeous gowns and hoped to dazzle everyone with their charm.

Karen snickered seeing her plans set in motion. Her small hands picked up the brush. For six years. For fucking six years inside this room with exaggerated designs and curtains, she trained on everything she thought could help her!

The brush on her hand moved like a swan flapping its wings or a flamingo stretching its legs. Her caretakers watched in a daze as a miracle happened in front of them.

Woosh.

The moment Karen opened the door, all the people in the hall turned around at the sound and thus, got their breaths taken away!

They froze in shock as Karen walked inside with her purple gown moving like wings opening wide! She didn’t even need a helper as her gown smoothly followed her movements!

Purple and red paint colored her face, something no woman would dare to use! It was bold and overbearing!

Those ladies would only put on light makeup accentuating their facial features yet Karen dared to do the opposite! She didn’t even feel fear of showing such unique makeup! Instead, she titled her head in a relaxed manner!

But to others’ view, her actions added a sense of danger! Like a predator hiding its bloody claws!

People suddenly recalled she was known as Purple Iron Princess! A woman bathed in the blood of her enemies! The only lack was a sword and they would never doubt she was here to kill!

A silver jade rested on the top of her head whilst a yellow bracelet sat comfortably on her arm. The caretakers picked these accessories because they would demonstrate her youthfulness. In their mind, a woman wanted to look like their younger self.

But when Karen donned them, her maturity reached its peak instead! Her aura, only unique to her, exploded!

She looked like a peacock amidst the small blooming flowers!

Like an empress adorned with noble beauty and grace, she swept everything with a glance and strutted domineeringly to the center!

The combination of beauty, danger, and maturity shook everyone’s worldview!

Even King Iglesias forgot that she was his queen. When he came to his senses, he looked around and saw the greedy and longing expression of every king and nobleman.

Such a woman… was his? He questioned himself after thinking about all the feats she did before and today.

No matter how stupid he became after Karen seduced him, he wasn’t blind. The moment she showed such an appearance, he quickly identified her true colors!

“That child… is her biggest shield against me!” He felt his knees buckling. It took a long time for him to get a child and he didn’t know if he could gain more in the future. So, he knew how dire his situation!

If he killed her right now, his child would also die! And a king who killed his sole child would be doomed with a collapsed kingdom!

And if he let her birth the child, things would become more complicated! She could control him or her, and vied for the sovereignty!

He couldn’t help but recall the deep-rooted hatred she had before! She would surely control, or worst, destroy his kingdom!

Just how much patience did this woman have?

Just how much sweat and tears did she endure to reach today?

He always thought she already despaired and willingly became his woman. He thought he tamed her.

Yes. She did. But all acts were for the sake of this moment!

1