Chapter 65 – Her Past (10)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65 – Her Past (10)

A devilish empress was born amidst the global unrest. Kingdoms fell from her fingertips and the sun shone from her beckoning. She resembled a God!

Even the last remaining nations decided to ally with each other. Yet in the end, they became subservient to her might!

Her firstborn, a prince who inherited most of her beautiful features, sat on the golden throne, overlooking the entire masses.

People thought that he was a harmless ruler judging from his naïve appearance. At least, it wasn’t the bloodthirsty empress, they thought.

But they realized later on that their lives became more difficult!

Crops no longer appeared because the land was too dry. Water was even more ridiculous because it cost the same as gold!

Plague and famine pervaded the entire planet. People even resorted to cannibalism in order to survive!

The advancement of technology boomed. Yet, morality degraded to tribal age! Survival of the fittest!

Wars enveloped the entire world. Human lives became simple as counting from one to ten. In fact, blood relatives even ate one another so they could live tomorrow!

Karen really fulfilled her promise to bathe the world with blood!

 

“…”

“Mother, what are you doing?” The slightly mature king trembled as he saw his chest bleeding. He gawked at the woman before him who was only staring at him like he was a fool.

She was still as beautiful. As if the words yesterday and tomorrow couldn’t move her age. But unlike before, no man would find her pleasing because all they could see was a mad ruthless ruler!

“Everything has an ending. This is yours.” The boy shuddered from her heartless words.

“I don’t feel anything towards you. Now that the world is on track, you might as well die.” Her eyes were eerily pitch black.

“Everything that should be ended, has to end.”

She turned around. No one in the hall blocked her. Their head kissed the ground whilst peering at her receding back.

Karen entered a dark room. The once cheerful girl took the encompassing darkness with a stride. The moment she opened the door, a pungent smell wafted. But she didn’t even frown. Nothing in the world could scare or change her expression.

“Yuwei.”

“…”

“Jessica.”

“…”

The dim light cast from the opened door revealed a pair of silhouettes beside Karen’s shadow.

“Yuwei.”

“Jessica”

There was no response from the two. Karen understood. Years of confinement hollowed out the lives of these people. They were now living in their dreams.

Dead but not deceased. Alive but not living.

“I have come to give you an ending.”

She took a match stick, lit it up with paper, and threw them on the ground. It fell just beside a dilapidated dress. It caught on fire.

Soon, the entire room blazed. Karen could finally see the appearance of the two. They were in a sorry state.

But no ripples appeared on her emotionless heart.

Or so she thought.

1