Chapter 66 – Her Past (11)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 66 – Her Past (11)

The moment Karen turned around her mind became blank. Behind the curtain of smoke and flames, a tall outline emerged. This outline was so familiar to her that she could even see it in her dreams.

Tak. Tak. Alongside the sound of crisp footsteps, ripples after ripples appeared on her pond-like emotions.

Gradually, his appearance became clearer. Now, the ripples transformed into a giant tsunami trying to consume her!

He… is back.

“I-I…” She stretched her arms. But she stopped, seeing him frowned. From his clear eyes, her image was as vivid as before. It was like a mirror.

But instead of the expected beautiful wife, all she could see was her ugly look!

She clenched her fists and put on a horrible smile. She fidgeted, trying to hide her hideous face. But she couldn’t her excitement… hoping that he still wanted her.

“You became a monster. I don’t know you anymore.”

Karen shuddered and abruptly turned towards him in shock. Monster? She? She couldn’t believe Daimon would describe her like that.

“Why the surprise? If not for your words, I wouldn’t be ambushed and fell into a cliff.”

“After I save every kingdom, their compensation was to kill me. How absurd, right?!

“Yet I still believe in you despite acquiring grievous injuries. Because I know the warmth which we shared with each other. Our hearts will never waver! I thought.”

“But the moment I returned… I saw you in the arms of another man!”

“HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!”

Shing. Her husband pulled his retractable sword. Its cold glint shone on her face, signaling his indecisiveness.

“You are disgusting.” The man’s voice became hoarse from his initial outburst. “I treated your body as sacred yet you used it as you see fit!”

“Is power really tasty? Or having sex with several men is to your liking?”

“You can even kill your own child.”

Karen clenched her fists so hard that her nails dug through her palms. Yes, she was dirty. She wasn’t the woman he married anymore. That’s why she wanted to clean every dirty thing that happened to her – including her son!

But slapping these hard facts into her face… she wished she was dead. Because he was the person she loved the most.

“Why are you not saying anything? You can’t even deny it.”

Karen wanted to deny it. But she was so smart she immediately understood everything.

Yuwei and Jessica.

The former hadn’t told her everything he did. All Karen knew was he schemed against his best friend. Daimon said that it was her words that enabled his ambush. This guaranteed an absolute possibility to kill him because she was so important to him. She was so important that he could lay his life for her!

So, who would even think of a backup plan? Where did Daimon get this information?

It was the latter that did. That jealous seductress. She always thought of little tricks to destroy them. If she had known, she already wrung her little head off from the start!  

Karen knew she was outwitted not because her opponents were smarter than her. It was because they knew how her personality works.

And that was the catalyst to the destruction of once a good relationship.

1