Chapter 67 – Her Past (Final)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67 – Her Past (Final)

“In fact, I didn’t want to kill you. Even when you conquered the world and made many horrible acts, I still don’t want to lay a finger at you. After all, you’ve been my wife.”

“But the trajectory of the world wants you dead.”

“Look at you. Your eyes are so black. Don’t you know it? Succumbing to chaos, I can only cut you down as a hero. Just like what we did with the dragons.”

Woosh.

A thin line of blood emerged from her chest. She was fortunate to dodge. She could see his martial prowess already caught up to her. Even though she had unrivaled talent, a hero was still a hero! He was an existence that defied logic!

Moreover, she already wanted to die. Thus, her movements seemed stiff. It was only her instinct that help her life.

This time… she won’t dodge…

This time… she would only stare at the husband who once loved her so much.

Even though she couldn’t turn back time. She could enjoy this present. She wanted to imprint his appearance till her last breath.

At least… At least, he was safe. Moreover, he was stronger. She now believed no one could match him in the world.

All she wanted was a safe world for him. She didn’t want him to fight anymore. Fortunately, it still happened.

She made a gigantic mistake. But her husband was still the shining beacon she always wanted to follow. It was a huge relief because she no longer needed to worry about him.

But while she was in a daze, she glimpsed something in her peripheral vision. Someone sneaked behind them and targeted Daimon! The latter movements produced little noise! An expert!

Karen charged and pulled out a hidden blade from her sleeves. Her face turned frantic because Daimon remained standing still as if he didn’t notice the attacker!

No! Please! Don’t die on me!

Woosh.

At the last minute, she saw Daimon brandishing his sword. The attacker got sliced in half before the tip of the sword plunged into her chest.

She looked down before staring at his indifferent face. From the gleam of his eyes, she understood that he thought she had a joint attack with the attacker.

She sighed. Her tight nerves relaxed. It was better this way. At least, she could see him up close.

“I hate you, Karen.” The man gritted his teeth. He was full of disgust against her, “I hated that I believe in you! The fact that I once shared a bed with you makes my skin crawl! Not only you are ruthless to others, but also to yourself!”

“For the sake of power, you don’t hesitate! Even bringing millions to their deaths!”

“So, on behalf of the innocent people that you killed, I will use my hands to end you!”

“Don’t worry. I won’t let you die with peace of mind.”

His face resembled a creepy apparition as he looked down at her.

1