Chapter 70 – My Best friend, Yuwei
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 70 – My Best friend, Yuwei

I had to get revenge for the last time. This time, I managed to break the nose of a bully.

That’s how I met Yuwei. A nice kid who scared the bullies with a glare. Only when I became an adult, did I understand they were scared of the emblem on his chest – a symbol of nobility.

He was nice to me but he was indifferent to others. To him, my personality suited his taste because he knew I won’t do anything to him. It was true. I liked being with him.

He seemed arrogant but it was arrogance seeping through his bones. Not some wannabe could replicate. Those spoiled brats were really too much to handle. They relied on their background instead of their abilities.

On the other hand, he reached knighthood at the age of seven. He became a grand tutor at the age of eleven. And he went to war while still drinking milk instead of beer.

I made him my role model.

There was too much of a difference between the two of us. Rich, well-read, and hardworking – Yuwei made me yearn to be something other than a poor lad.

He had a lot of ideas. Like a sponge, I absorbed his knowledge. And I felt happy that he wasn’t snobbish about it.

I might lack the intelligence the latter had, but I believed my effort would lead me to greatness.

He gave me a wooden sword to practice during the day. He gave a paper and pen, and we studied during the night with a lamp and the stars on our backs. Then, he would sneak a book inside my bag so I can read it before sleep.

He picked me up I was down. His small build stood in front of me when I needed it. And he gave me hand during difficult times.

I would pay this debt of gratitude which was large as a mountain.

This vow was something I regretted in the future.

1