Chapter 74 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (2)
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 74 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (2)

I had a complex feeling about dragons. A sense of shame welled up inside of me as I cut down another dragon.

“Just what are you?” I asked the dragon who lay on the ground on its last breath.

“Chaos corrupts the mind. It was known knowledge. But why are you…”

Although weak, the dragon shrugged its shoulder. “You humans have so many questions.”

It smiled. “It was just convenient to you, isn’t it?”

“I don’t understand.”

“If you don’t understand something, you’ll do anything to know its origin by any means necessary. That’s how deplorable humans are.”

“If only you tell us, what are you and why are you killing humans, then we can reach an understanding.” I gripped my fist because he was correct. But I was also sincere with my words. Humans were just scared of the unknown.

“Hmph. Chaos corrupts the mind. But it can only control those weak-willed beings.”

“I can see it.” Simon nodded. “Yet you chose to kill people.”

“I chose? Hahaha! You are funny, Hero!”

There was a sharp gleam on the dragon’s eyes as he spat each word as heavy as mountains.

“I don’t regret killing those bastards! The only thing I regretted is how weak I am!”

“My family… died because of you people! My child died in my embrace! He was only five years old! Five years old dammit! And every last one of my people perished because of the single command of your so-called kings!

“I buried my people one by one with my own hands! I etched all their names to my heart!”

“Hero! I was the hope of my people! Even if I have to sell myself to the devil, I shall gladly accept any condition just to see you humans suffer!”

“Humans who used morality to wash their dirty laundry, I loathed them! I loathed all of you! And even if I were to die today, I’ll turn into a ghost to haunt you to death!”

I didn’t know where the dragon got his strength as his final roar made me stumble in surprise. Then, he gasped for the last time before his hate-filled eyes lost their luster.

I sat there bewildered, fearful, and depressed. And when I looked over the setting sun on my back, I suddenly felt the direction of the wind change. Even the landscape didn’t seem similar to the one in my memory.

1