Chapter 76 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (Final)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 76 – The hero becomes a dragon after slaying the dragon (Final)

A hero never kills an innocent man.

Only then did I understand this meaning. My body was succumbing to the power of chaos. Claws jutted out of my nails, protruding bones rose in my back, and black scales slowly replaced my skin.

It was a painful transformation whilst also dodging the incoming projectiles. These soldiers were really ready to kill me!

But who decided on the innocent? I was only fighting for my life. Thus, I had to kill anyone in my way to escape.

Still, my still-functioning mind gave the answer. The commoners were only tasked to throw cans. Actually, only a few of their cans emitted smoke. Most of them were just ordinary cans. But it was enough to make me pause.

Now I comprehended everything. The moment a hero killed an innocent, they transformed into a dragon.

And the people who made the heroes into dragons were the also people who ordered him around!

 I felt rage! Rage for the heroes who had fallen from their schemes!

But I also felt defeated. I put a sardonic smile as I watched my complete transformation.

It took me dozens of minutes to familiarize myself with my wings. With it, I flew in the air.

Nevertheless, the chase against me continued. They even prepared traps along the way.

But my newfound strength and my skills enabled me to storm through everything. At last, I could glimpse the outline of my kingdom. But armies after armies stood before me, blocking me from advancing.

It looked to me that every kingdom wanted my head. They guarded the peaks of the mountain range where they predicted I was going. It was disadvantageous to them due to terrain but the muzzle of the canons beside them was no joke. I knew because we used it for dragon hunting before. If I was still in my human form, I could easily dodge its attacks. But with a larger target and many cannons to boot, no matter how fast I was, one attack would lead to my downfall.

I turned my head, staring straight into my father-in-law’s eyes. He smiled and gestured to me. But I didn’t move. I saw him sigh and unfolded a paper. He looked at it with a helpless smile before crumpling it and throwing it to my feet.

I picked it up and saw Karen’s handwriting.

Hence, I knew next year would be the anniversary of my death. The only way I could leave here in one piece was to turn back. But I couldn’t turn back.

“Save me!”

She wrote it! I knew her handwriting! But even if she wasn’t the one who did, I would still charge through! Because the life of my love, my world, and everything were at stake!

“My wife, wait for me.”

Author’s note: this also meant the future Arnold who became a hero didn’t kill any innocent person even though he committed many crimes and was associated with the underground world.

1