Chapter 77 – Fallen
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 77 – Fallen

My huge body collapsed.

No matter how unwilling, miserable, and indignant I was, I still found myself falling into the abyss.

Desperate, I flapped my wings. But the pressure, gravity, and my already meager strength, I could no longer ascend. In the end, I fell with a boom.

My skull and spine cracked. I couldn’t see anything because I sensed my eyeballs emerging out of their socket. Blood leaked on every orifice in my body.

 I was close to death. But the image of my wife being forced, dirtied, and destroyed by these motherfuckers kept flashing in my mind!!!

!!!

I wanted to roar! To release all my anger to the world! To destroy it!

Why did the world choose me? Only to leave me like this?!!

Despite my adoptive father’s first objective, he taught me to be kind to others and sincere to my friends. I never abused the title of hero. And I never did anything outside of my conscience!

Even when I was killing the dragons, it was all for the sake of saving the people from being killed.

But what did the world give me in the end? A tragic ending? A hopeless fate?

I shivered. I felt I wasn’t the controller of my destiny. As if all I could do was follow instructions. As if my story was being written by someone else.

“…”

I heard a voice. This woke me up from my unconscious state. I could hear the gushing water. I might be on a river and someone was dragging me up the shore.

I didn’t die. I DIDN’T DIE! This good news made me excited. I knew how fast a dragon could recover.

However, I also felt something amiss. A bloodlust surged in every vein of my body. It was controllable but it was like an itch that I wanted to scratch no matter what.

I started to panic. Not for myself but to the person who was helping me. Did this person know what he was doing? Can’t he see I’m a dragon?

“Don’t worry. You’ll not die.” A soothing voice sounded. It was the voice that woke me up.

Somehow, my bloodlust receded like a tide.

I still couldn’t see but I could imagine a female gasping for breath yet continuing to pull my giant body.

“Don’t worry. You’ll not die.” It was like a chant. She kept saying it as if she was vowing to herself.

A moment later, I felt drowsy and fell asleep.

1