Chapter 78 –Juliana
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 78 –Juliana

It was strange at first. But I got used to a little human taking care of me.

I had bad news. I thought I would recover in no time. But I couldn’t believe I didn’t recover at all!

Still, I managed to live in spite of everything. Looks like I have a dragon’s vitality!

Nonetheless, I couldn’t wrap my head around this woman. An injured dragon would still act like any dragon. So, I should be dicing this woman into pieces.

But I didn’t have that itch. I had never felt so tranquil before in fact. If not for my unsettling worry for my wife, I would have stayed here.

Even then, these worries soon disappear.

It was magical. A woman who gave a peaceful feeling while living in a serene environment, separated from the rest of the world.

I knew I couldn’t go without healing first though. So, I put all my efforts into healing my injuries. And it was rare for me to have a vacation.

Fortunately, the woman didn’t let a word of complaint as she was fastidiously clean and cared for my wounds.

She was meticulous. From cooking, washing, and even cleaning the house, there was nothing to nitpick. She even had to worry about a freeloader like me who had to eat a lot of meat!

Another thing I couldn’t understand was the gaze she always giving me.

“Do you feel any discomfort? Want to wash your face?”

Bothered by her actions and feeling guilty for my silent treatment of her, I finally spoke.

“Why are you helping me?”

She blinked before smiling. “I thought you became mute. The food is ready. Do you want to eat?”

I sniffed in response and sure enough, I could smell the fragrant scent of barbeque. There was no need to guess, her cooking skills were top-notch! I became a glutton after staying here.

“Hey, you didn’t answer my question.”

“Is there a need to answer? Someone is waiting for you. It's better if you focus on recovering.” A hint of sadness and reluctance appeared in her eyes. But the smile she gave to me remained sincere.

“I’m a dragon though.”

“The most kind.” Swamped with work, she was still giving time to talk with him.

“How do you know about that? Have we met before?”

“It doesn’t matter. Sleep.” She patted my long nose. “You can’t recover by worrying over small details.”

I emitted a small groan in acceptance.

Days passed. I became used to her company. In truth, questions kept piling up as I continued my stay.

“Don’t you feel tired?”

“A person won’t feel tired from doing what she loves.”

“Do you love doing chores?”

“No.”

“Then, what are you talking about?”

She smiled and gestured around her before stopping in my body. “This.”

Her response and the gaze she gave me made my dragon-self shiver. I noticed the sense of defeat in her tone. Yet, her delight was too apparent.

1