Chapter 79 – Please take care
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 79 – Please take care

I became restless as time passed. Often wondering about my wife, I plopped my heavy head on the rock while gazing at the sky.

Also, I used this method to avoid meeting that woman’s gaze. Hers was too intense. My heart was shaken by the care she was giving to me. I might be a blockhead, but her feelings were like an open book.

Whilst dozing off, a sudden noise caught my attention.

“…”

Throngs after throngs of heavy armors, shining with bronze lights. Only eyes could be seen from their helmet. And it was the eyes of the killers!

Who would have thought these people have good noses and find me in a remote corner of the world? They even disregarded a large sum of money just to find my corpse. I was as important and as scary to them!

Because I’d grown to be the strongest hero!

But what I didn’t expect was the man leading them. I thought my heart had grown cold from humans’ heartlessness. But when I felt Yuwei’s presence strutting towards me alongside the armies, I froze into depression.

No mistake about it. I’d been with him for decades. To me, he was a brother. A presence always standing beside me. He was like an extension or a limb. And he was more than that.

I always knew his jealousy. About my status and Karen. But I always thought he also regarded me as a brother. So, I pretended not to see his jealousy.

I didn’t expect him to be ruthless to plan to kill his own friend!

“You let me down.” A cool voice exited my mouth despite the flames of anger spurting inside.

My best friend smirked and fixed his luxurious clothes. He seemed to be on an outing instead of slaying a dragon.

“At least, I won’t let down myself. Simon, things have changed. You are no longer the hero. After you are gone, I’ll go back to the Yuwei who is superior. Not the inferior Yuwei always chasing your back.”

“And don’t worry. I’ll take care of Karen.” He giggled mirthlessly. “The kings will get bored of her one day after passing her to each other. In fact, she’s a used toy by now but as a friend, I’m willing to accompany her. It wasn’t degrading. After all, she is Princess Karen.”

“What do you think, my friend?”

Crack.

His eyes popped out. He couldn’t believe I could still move. Judging from their prediction and my current condition, I shouldn’t be able to.

But the little woman’s care worked wonder!

I crippled him and tossed him to the side. It took a lot of my rationality though. He was the best buddy I could have. I didn’t have the heart to kill him. Even the place I tossed him was away from the battleground. He might look miserable right now, but he would still live the best life being a noble.

The armies flinched. They only brought a few equipments because they thought if I didn’t die then I was already on the verge of death. Even with a dragon’s vitality, surviving a crippling fall from an abyssal cliff was already a miracle.

I opened my mouth and perceived their position before spewing a column of flame!

It was a delight to see those fucking humans burned alive and crying in agony! They panicked which only led to a further disaster!

Yet a shriek from behind made me stop.

I only saw a gush of blood coming out of the woman’s chest before she fell down. In her eyes, the image of mine was imprinted. So vivid I thought I was inside of it.

My mind went blank. Before I knew it, I wiped out everyone. It was a gory sight. I really became a dragon…

I pushed my worries away first, rushed towards the woman’s side, and held her in my palm.

“Stay with me. Let’s go get some help.” Though, I knew it was too late. The wound was deep enough to show her organs.

The woman shook her head. She held my scaly fingers and propped her head.

“Kiss me.” She said weakly but with a commanding tone. I paused but she urged me with her eyes.

I had reservations, but if I couldn’t even fulfill a dying man’s wish, then how cruel was that?

Our lips met. A strong surge passed through our mouths. Before I knew it, all of my wounds (former and new) were healed like a miracle. In addition, I became lighter and watched myself transforming back into a human.

Furthermore, a new kind of energy was introduced to my system. It was an alarming amount of power!

The power to control space, time, and casualty!

Finally, it dawned on me. The several questions I had was finally answered. Her strength when dragging my half-dead body and where did she get her supplies while living in a secluded area. Next, her skillful manner of keeping everything in order as if ten men were assisting her. She was fluent in many languages and had many abilities that were rather down-to-earth but still impressive nonetheless because of their diversity.

She wasn’t simple.

The woman laughed, seeing through my mind. She was beautiful but her laughter gave her a few more shades of beauty.

“Since the day I met you, I’ve been watching you. Too bad, my talent is too low. I can only create a video record of your past and present. I’m sorry for stalking, though.”

“But don’t worry. The power I gave to you is more than that. I hope it can aid you.”

“Don’t talk.” I reminded her. “Let’s go to a hospital. We can still cure you.”                                                                                                                                          

“No need. I know my condition.”

“You have to go now.” A serene expression emerged from her face.

“She’s waiting for you.” I could see that she had come to terms a long time ago. The only one I would love was Karen.

“But I have a selfish wish. It’s better if you don’t continue. She was probably corrupted of chaos by now.” Her face started to pale and she coughed out a lot of blood.

“I don’t want you… to hate yourself… or see you in pain… Though… I knew… you will still go… to find your wife.”

“So… I just want you… to take care. Please…” Her breathing became weaker and weaker. I held her hands tighter so her warmth won’t escape.

“You always… save… me… This time… I… finally… save you… Simon…”

 

1