Chapter 81 – You are Simons
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 81 – You are Simons

One advantage of the world’s deprivation was the crazy speed of technological advancement. With such a push, I buried myself in working and training.

My new friends were also impressed by the situation. We didn’t know our chances of success but if I could master the power of space, time, and casualty, then we were already halfway to it.

“I’m surprised you are still calm after killing your wife.” A giant shadow appeared on my back.

“I am angry.” It was an honest answer. The experiences I went through made me not show my emotions unless unavoidable. Also, I had a lot of work to do than weighing my feelings

“Then, I’m not concerned anymore. In fact, I want you to bottle up everything so you can unleash your emotions during the critical moment.”

“Hmph.” Another shadow appeared. It seemed dissatisfied as its disgruntled voice was heard.

“I still don’t understand your plan. You can already ‘cut’ your love for her. But you insisted to reincarnate her for torture!”

“It's because she started it. So, she’s the one who has to end it.”

Receiving one eye from me, the second shadow scoffed. Another shadow answered instead. Alongside him were three more shadows, looking at me with questioning eyes.

“With the current wave of advancement, humans will surely create a weapon of mass destruction. But they are scaredy cats and will protect it with their lives."

"Karen’s thirst for power is unimaginable. She will be the catalyst for war. And while they are careless, I will steal these weapons from them to destroy the world.”

“That’s how I will ‘cut’ the world.” My explanation made these new friends nod.

“But what about the other conditions?” The latter was still unwilling to bend.

They could see my despise when I turned around and looked at him. “Come with me.”

We entered a secluded room. In there, everyone could see chambers filled with amniotic fluid. But the thing that surprised them was the bodies inside of it.

“These people…” The first shadow was hesitant to speak.

“Yes, it is what you think.” I pushed a button and a hole appeared in one of the chambers. It was enough for my hand to go through and some fluid spilled while I was at it.

I caressed the face of the body inside.

“Help me find a suitable body.”

The first shadow nodded. “But what are you going to with that woman?”

“She’ll be the wife of my other ‘self’.” I watched their changing expression and I was filled with disdain. “I knew what are you thinking. But it was different. My other self will be another person, not me. And I wanted to repay her.”

“To repay her with your body? Pfft.”

I didn’t get mad and calmly rebuked the second shadow. “As I’ve said, he will be different.”

“What about cutting the ‘good’?”

“Time will come.” I closed my eyes and began ignoring the shadows.

“Boring.” The other shadows accepted my arrangement and started to leave. Only the first shadow gave me a deep look before vanishing.

Seconds later, the shadows appeared again and flung a body towards me.

I held the body before inserting my retracted blade through it.

“From this moment onwards, my name will be your name. But you have your own identity. Different yet carrying my fate with you.”

“You are Simon… No. You are Simons and I am Dai-mon.”

“Daimon.”

1