Chapter 82 – To cut kindness (1)
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 82 – To cut kindness (1)

Agathon put the yellowish plant on a vase. To him, this last breathing organism was his baby. He would do anything for it.

He crawled on the ground and climbed into his wheelchair. The lad might not have feet but this challenge didn’t abate his positivity. Even though the yellow color of the plant already told him the low chances of it living.

Still, he couldn’t help but whistle. Finding an organism in the middle of a wasteland was a miracle. Amidst the cancerous radiation and strewn trash and debris all over the place, another living thing actually managed to live!

But before he could reach his house, he saw someone walking over. His heart jumped to his throat. For him, he was the last person in the world. So, seeing someone looking healthy standing before himself was like seeing a ghost in daylight!

“Jeez. You scared me!”

“You will get used to it.” The man carried a coffin on his back yet he looked like he was in a park. Still, the weariness in his face stood out.

“When I glimpsed your figure from the distance, I thought I was seeing God. But then, I saw your eyes.”

“I also thought you are a Ghost. But with your vibrant complexion, I crossed it out.”

Daimon chuckled. “If I wasn’t, you’ll be dead by now.”

“Well, thank you then. I have to go.” Agathon pushed his wheelchair. But a vice-like grip stopped him.

“Do you think I’m here to play jump scare?”

“A person like you is trouble.” The lad put a wry smile. Then, he motioned towards the trashes. “I had no parents to lecture me, but with such a big home, I could read everything about humans.”

Daimon ridiculed. “I have scoured the earth for all survivors.”

“And what do you seek?”

“The kindness. Unfortunately, all I saw were selfish, hypocrites, ignorant, and even innocent. Thus, I killed them all.” Daimon gave Agathon a deep look.

“You should worry about yourself now.”

“Worry? With such a world? I’m afraid I’ll disappoint you. I’m neither kind nor scared of your threats. I have to go.”

“I can give your wishes, though.”

“My wish? I just want to nurture this plant.”

“Then, all the more.”

Agathon could see how serious he was and chuckled bitterly. “I don’t have a choice, do I?”

“Your kindness exposes you. Or at least the importance you are giving to a dying plant.”

Agathon caressed the plant for a long time before turning to Daimon. “Tell me stories about yourself instead, and I will gladly obey you.”

Daimon paused. “I’ll tell you if you consider my suggestion.”

“For a ghostly God, you sure have a lot of work in your hands. Is it worth the trouble? You can just do it fast. I won’t resist anyway.”

“The process is important,” Daimon emphasized his words.

“Wish, huh? Alright.”

“Wishes. You will live many lives. I’ll tell you a story each time you finish a life.”

Agathon clicked his tongue.

1