Chapter 83 – To cut kindness (2)
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 83 – To cut kindness (2)

“Tomorrow is New Year’s Day.” Agathon stared at the old woman who had just spoken. Beside her sat five people of different ages. But he spotted how identical they were.

He pushed his wheelchair but he was quiet, lest he disturbed the six people who were submerged from arranging the food. Except, he was so surprised when he bypassed a mirror.

He looked similar to them…

“Brother, what’s wrong?” The eldest of the bunch aside from the old woman.

“Eh? I-I just wanted some air.” Agathon made an excuse but he was too flustered. Though, the man took it as he was feeling bored and frustrated. This strengthened his resolve to look after his brother more.

“Okay, let me help you.”

“No need, I can do it by myself.”

The latter smiled. “My little brother, you are always stubborn. But can’t you enjoy the atmosphere of the new year? For once, let me enjoy being your elder helping his younger brother. Tomorrow, you can go back to your usual self.”

Agathon’s face blushed. “I-I’m really…”

“You two!” The old woman stood up with hands akimbo. “How long are you going to lovey-dovey there? Aaron, have you forgotten that your brother is afraid of the cold? Help him change and come back quick here.”

“Aye, Ma’am.” The elder man saluted before laughing. The others also noticed the situation and started cracking.

Their smiles and laughter… warm.

The man pushed Agathon and before long they appeared to others once again. Looks like the others also changed their clothes because all of them now had matching clothes.

“Happy New Year!” The sound of fireworks bombarded their ears. Light surged in their home. Agathon took a deep breath as he watched everyone joyfully embracing each other.

“As your Second Brother, I’ll give you this jacket.” This man was the only weird one because of his dyed hair. In fact, he mingled with the gangsters in the slums. But Agathon could feel the strong affection the former had for him.

“Third Brother, this is for you. A chessboard.” Another stepped beside him while fixing his eyeglasses. He was always taciturn in school, but he showed his youthful vigor in front of his brother Agathon.

“Third Brother, lollipop.” This one was the youngest. His curtness immediately melted Agathon’s heart and for the first time he came here, he showed a wide smile.

“Happy New Year, brother.” His Eldest Brother patted his shoulder.

“Happy New Year, Son.” And the last, the old woman went beside him and ruffled his head. The deep affection in her eyes almost drowned him. Her constant nagging seemed terrible but he could feel the hidden care she had for him.

Even the others were the same. Scanning their home, they weren’t poor but not also rich. Yet, they were happy. So happy together.

Agathon looked up before looking down. He tried to hide his expression. He felt a stifling lump in his chest from the sudden happiness and warmth.

This happiness… did he deserve this?

This family… they were different

“…” A moment later, Agathon insisted to come out despite his family’s caution.

“You are here.” Agathon smiled weakly at the person standing in the dark.

“Why did you come out?” Daimon put down the coffin and sat on it.

“This is not real.”

“It's real.” Daimon gave him a deep look. “You can live in here till you die. What important is that you are happy.”

“I’m happy. I am really, really happy.” Tears came out of the young man’s eyes. “But I felt I don’t deserve this!”

Daimon’s face lit up and urged him more with a small voice. “Then, just let yourself. Sink in. Succumb yourself to the temptation.”

“I really did.” Agathon looked lost. Then, he looked at Daimon’s surprised expression before chuckling.

Daimon knew the cat was out of the bag but still prepared to be ignorant. “Well, I’ll do what I promise.”

Then, Daimon began telling his story about his father. Sometimes he laughed but some other times he was frowning. But Agathon could feel the love and respect Daimon had for his father. It wasn’t a perfect beginning and relationship but Daimon truly treasured his father.

1