Chapter 84 – To cut kindness (3)
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 84 – To cut kindness (3)

Knowing his scheme to warm up the food was exposed, Daimon put Agathon on a different life. This time, it was a hellish life.

“Son, eat.” Agathon stared at the soup before him. Truth be told, it just looked like water mixed with a few salt and little rice. It was too clear.

But Agathon didn’t reject his father and started eating. The situation at hand might be the end of the world for others but to Agathon, it was only reliving it for the second time.

Still, he felt spooked the way his father looks at him every now and then. As if… he was looking at food. This gave him chills on the back of his spine.

The continuation of their journey proved it because the latter was feeding him even though they only had a small amount of food left. He could do nothing as a handicapped.

Though he thought to himself, when things reached where they headed, then he would fight.

But the reality was different.

When the night reached their heads, Agathon fidgeted in fear. Darkness blanketed the entire land and this meant he couldn’t see his father anymore. Every rustle in the surroundings made his heart pound harder.

Thus, when a hard object hit his head, he wasn’t paying attention.

The next time he knew, he woke up with a fire underneath his torso!

“Kekeke! You are fragrant. I’m practically drooling thinking how much you’ll taste like!” His insane father licked his lips and stared at him with dead eyes.

Yet Agathon didn’t feel fear for some reason. All because he still noticed the fear and hunger hidden beneath his crazy look. He smiled in understanding and closed his eyes to resign his fate.

He waited for a long time but the expected pain didn’t arrive. Instead, he heard the collision of flesh and abruptly opened his eyes.

Then, he saw his father beating himself.

“He’s your son!”

“I’m hungry!”

“Have you forgotten your promise to his mother? That you will take care of him, even if it was the last thing you’ll do!”

“Then, let me die! Let me die! I am hungry for days that I can’t tell north from the south! Just bash your head idiot!”

“Alright.”

“Wait! I wanted to eat!” Saying that his father started munching on himself. His blood spurted but he didn’t notice as he chomped with gusto.

Agathon’s eyes dimmed and watched the man slowly eating himself to death.

“Dad…”

The man stiffened. He looked up with bloodshot eyes. It was eerie as if he was a beast hiding in the shadow.

But the lad accepted his stare. He was imprinting the fragility and hopelessness of a man yet stubbornly fighting to his heart.

“Dad…”

This time, a solemn expression appeared on the man’s face. He stood up, kicked Agathon away from the fire, and grinned at the latter.

He picked up his axe before slicing his throat. The man gurgled his blood but mouthed some words in a soft voice.

“I don’t want your last memory to be my unsightly appearance.”

“Instead, I died fighting fate!” His voice resounded in that lonely peak for a long time.

Tak. Tak. One pair of shoes appeared beside Agathon.

“Why are you crying?” Daimon said while his expression was unreadable. “You should worry about yourself.”

“He’s gone.”

“Yes, it’s the price of kindness.”

“He’s gone.” Tears poured out like waterfalls. Agathon gripped his hands to his chest. “Is it wrong to be kind?”

Daimon felt uncomfortable before he let out a helpless face. “It’s the world who is wrong.”

Agathon looked around him. It was a barren mountainous range. Even the landscape seemed empty.

A void of space. There was no sense of life or vitality in it.

“Tell me your second story.” Agathon was still sobbing and requested Daimon in order to forget what happened earlier.

Daimon nodded. “It’s about my best friend. Our relationship also became barren like this world. Remember this, one should be wary of the demon within ourselves.”

1