Chapter 85 – To cut kindness (4)
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 85 – To cut kindness (4)

Agathon fidgeted. He thought he was forgetting something. Something so important!

“Hey! Let’s go!” A petite arm snaked around his hand and pulled him closer. He looked down and saw two eyes like light bulbs. It was so bright but he could spot his image clearly on them. He’d forgotten about his earlier thought.

“Raya, what are you up to?” He shrieked because he knew how devious this girl was.

The girl became grumpy as her cheeks puffed like buns. “You said we are going on a date!”

“When did I?”

“You said we are having an ice cream in the park!”

Park?!! If not for Agathon’s sense, he wouldn’t spot the quick glint on the former’s face.

“Are you going to kill me?” “Ow!” Raya pinched his side before stomping on the ground.

“Blockhead! You don’t have any romance in your body!”

“What about your homework?” Agathon watched her receding back with a smile and then shouted. The girl paused and awkwardly went back to him. She lifted her palm but she was looking away from him.

“Give it.”

Agathon sneered. “Sorry, I forgot it at home.” Then, he ran at full speed!

On his back, an angry roar similar to a dragon sounded. Raya chased after him with vengeance in her eyes. “Agathon! Damn you!”

Agathon snickered but something flitted in his mind. Wait? How could I run? No! Of course, I can run because I have feet. He shook his head, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feeling.

And then he stopped in his tracks. Bewilderment painted his face while standing at the crossing. The honks of the cars and the buzzing conversation of the people entered his ears. It irritated him.

What exactly was going on? He screamed inside. Something was missing! And it kept eluding him!

But no matter what he did, he couldn’t grasp it! Then, he clutched his head. A serious headache surged inside his brain like waves!

Before he knew it, he was already in the hospital.

“Raya.” He whispered to the girl who laid her head on the bed. The latter straightened herself but clouds remained on her eyes.

“Huh?” But she soon recovered and jumped in excitement. “You are finally awake! Let’s call your family!”

Agathon scanned that she had gotten thin and dark bags weighted under her eyes. He held her hands and spoke in a voice he didn’t believe he could do.

“It’s okay. I still wanted to rest. And you should do too. Look, you aren’t as pretty as before.”

Raya stared at me with large eyes before giggling with a blushed face. “Okay, idiot! Rest well!”

Agathon watched her close the door carefully after he consoled her multiple times. Afterward, he stared at the dimly lighted corner.

“Why did you wake up? You could have the best life here. In fact, your current life trajectory will head to a great life.” Daimon scratched his head in frustration. He thought to himself that maybe killing this teenager was the best option.

“A fake life.”

“But it’s a life that you can never achieve. You even have feet here. Let’s be real. A person has to be a little greedy.”

“You are right. I’m tempted. But I don’t deserve her love nor the bright future ahead of me.” Agathon said bitterly.

Subsequently, he turned towards Diamon and asked with a serious face. “What do you really hope to happen?”

“Corrupt me?”

“I’m not a kind person. I’ve read countless books and I knew a truly kind person is very different from me.”

“Truth be told, I’m ignorant, low self-esteem, and an immature brat. You can’t expect something from me.”

Daimon blinked and spoke in an unhurried voice. “My third story is about my wife.”

The young man knew he was changing the subject but he still went along with it.

Agathon then learned how greedy humans were. But what he didn’t expect at the end of the story was the unending power of love.

“I love you from past to present in the future.” Agathon enunciated these words. He didn’t know about love because he was all alone in the world. But he could feel his heart beating fast when he heard this.

“I can still give you a chance. The chance to experience it.” Daimon said to him and the latter, who had a blank face, nodded.

1