Chapter 86 – To cut kindness (Final)
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 86 – To cut kindness (Final)

Agathon discovered many things in each life. He became a business giant, a devil lord, a savior, a librarian, a runner, and many more. Each life had different aspects and he tasted the ups and downs, the sweetness and bitterness, the vibrance and vicissitude of living.

But they were never boring. In fact, he treasured everything that happened and experienced myriad emotions.

He didn’t reject these newfound feelings.

Even though there were lives that he sinned many times, he also tried hard to correct them and didn’t relinquish his obligations.

He felt full and accomplished. Even his entire existence seemed to float from happiness.

But every journey had an end.

“It’s time,” Daimon grunted.

Agathon nodded without reluctance. “But I’m still curious. What’s in that coffin? Your wife?”

Daimon gave him a deep look before showing its contents.

Even with Agathon’s experiences, he still felt a pang of nausea climbing through his throat. In fact, he couldn’t hold it in and belched on the side of the road.

“What did you do?” The lad stared at Daimon with disoriented eyes.

“It’s my friend, Yuwei. He looks like a milkshake, don’t you think?” Daimon gave a wicked smile which made Agathon continue vomiting.

The former patted the poor lad. It didn’t abate the churning of his stomach though. Worst, the rotting smell began wafting in the air and this made Agathon beat his chest in pain.

“Life… as we know it is nothing but a tragedy. A series of ripples stacking with one another until it turns into a tsunami.”

“Agathon.” Daimon stared dumbly at him. But from the latter’s eyes, he wasn’t looking at him but something else.

“Kindness is stupid. People are supposed to succumb to their inner desires.”

Agathon got used to the smell and wiped his mouth. “Desire is okay. But saying that being kind to others is stupid, then you are the most stupid person.”

“I would have believed you if I didn’t corrupt you with desires,” Daimon stated. “Tell me, what is your desire right now?”

“My desire…” Agathon closed his eyes before opening his eyes and with a smile as wide as the sky.

“What you desire is also my desire!”

Daimon’s eyes shook! He stared at the overwhelming positivity he radiated!

But Daimon refuted him. “You don’t know my desire.”

“You corrupted my kindness. Didn’t you say so? But in truth, all I can see is a man who was kind to me.”

“That’s bullshit! You don’t know what are you talking and you don’t know my desire!”

“To save the world, isn’t it?”

Daimon started shaking. His nails dug through the flesh of his palms. He was suppressing himself, yet in the end, he released a thunderous roar!

“I fucking wanted to destroy this world!!!”

“This world which did nothing but inflicts pain to me!!!”

Daimon used both of his hands to strangle Agathon. “You don’t know me!!!”

“You are just a piece of blank paper! An ignorant fool! So, don’t talk as if you know me!”

“Yes.” Despite the sudden lack of air, Agathon continued smiling. “Because you didn’t tell me a story about yourself. All I have heard were the stories of the people around you.”

Daimon gazed at the kindest eyes he’d ever seen in his life.

It was clear of filth despite experiencing all pollution in the world. In fact, it had become majestic. This young man was finally complete.

Daimon released his grip and slumped to the ground.

“I can’t do it.”

Agathon also jumped from his wheelchair with difficulty and sat beside him. He patted him on the back and gazed at the awful horizon.

“Yes, you can. Save the world, Hero.”

“You tried to corrupt me so I can escape your hands. But you also educated me on how to be kind. You are full of irony. In fact, I’m doubting that you killed the other survivors.”

“You are torn. So, I’m now giving you a direction. Don’t save me. Save the world.

“Don’t stop. You are near. I knew because I can feel it.”

Daimon felt guilty and shut his eyes close.

“Hey, do you know what is the meaning of my name?” Agathon asked with a playful smirk.

“Agathon means kindness.”

“So, it's destiny, don’t you think? Hahaha!” The lad guffawed with so much vitality and hope for the future. Their journey together had ended but he felt contentment from the bottom of his heart.

He knew he was going to die at Daimon’s hands. But he didn’t feel any fear or resentment. His eyes devoid of filth shone in splendor, blinding Daimon into a daze!

1