Chapter 89 – Fallen Heroes: The One Behind
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 89 – Fallen Heroes: The One Behind

Andrew frowned with his whiskers tingling. He craned his neck and saw a giant ship suspended in the void. Flashing his jaws, he taunted the latter but the ship remained silent and cold.

“Those guys are observing us.” The other dragons also sensed the ship and felt uncomfortable. “Are they here too for that thing? But why they are not attacking?”

“It’s perfectly normal.” Daimon’s voice sounded in their ears. “Their purpose is not the energy core. It’s us.”

“Do you know them?” Andrew turned his suspicion towards Daimon.

“I don’t know much but while I’m exploring other worlds, I’ve heard of a race who like experimenting and their subjects are worlds.”

Everyone trembled and looked at the ship with shock. One dragon muttered with fear in his voice. “So, they are the ones who cause the chaos in our world.”

“No!” But Daimon quickly rejected his conclusion. “It’s still humans and other species’ vices that we are here today.”

“What these guys did is to plant a seed.”

“What seed?”

“The seed of hope. A hero.”

Woosh.

Everyone felt their hearts bursting out! Because every single one of them was a hero! Who would have thought they have been dancing in others’ palms when all they wanted was to save their loved ones?

“When one clings to hope too much, it becomes a poison that further germinates chaos!

“Hope is born from chaos! So, without a doubt, hope is also chaos!”

Andrew snarled before starting to laugh. But the dragons shivered when they saw his maniacal eyes!

“So, you are saying, I killed my wife and my unborn child because they wanted to make an experiment?”

“Yes.” Daimon avoided Andrew’s eyes.

Woosh!

Suddenly, every color in the surrounding became greyscale. Next, a howl filled with pain and madness boomed across the space and towards the ship!

“GIVE ME BACK MY FAMILY!!!”

And the next thing they saw was a giant wolf dismantling the ship with razor-sharp claws!

2