Chapter 95 – Death of a Commoner
9 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 95 – Death of a Commoner

“The beast was still rampaging at Section D.”

“Prepare the section’s countermeasures.” A man with a head enveloped with tissue commanded. “We need more time observing him. Forget about the world’s core. He was unlike the others. He’s the only one who broke through the power of chaos! We can’t let such a fine specimen go!”

“Roger.”

On the screen, Andrew rampaged through the rooms, leaving blood trails on his path. His back already resembled a hedgehog but his vitality kept him alive.

Soon, he arrived at the next corridor and met a harder resistance. Mechanical traps sprouted bullets and lasers that left his body bloodied. But it only made him more feral!

Awooo!

The tissue man spoke while staring at the screen with his entire attention. “Chaos could corrupt anyone. Heroes had to kill an innocent person first to become a dragon. The chaos seed we planted made it so heroes didn’t have a choice.”

“Politicians and other powerful individuals can utilize chaos due to their superior education and great experiences. They have greater willpower and are the best people to resist or exploit the power of chaos. They might not transform but their actions have far-reaching consequences.”

“And a commoner only needs to be exposed to a hint of chaos before being corrupted. They become puppets, succumbed to eternal damnation.”

“But now…” His face became warped with excitement. “Someone actually broke our established script!”

“So, show us! Don’t disappoint us!”

Andrew ripped the machines apart before panting while leaning on the wall. The exhaustion was too much. Every time he peeked forward, all he saw were endless traps and machines blocking his way. This visual impact ground his mental stamina and began feeling powerless.

He felt like he was punching clouds. No matter how he roared or screamed, the satisfaction wasn’t there.

And when he arrived at a certain room, his path of revenge suffered another blow.

It was a security room. He saw hundreds of cameras and the countless sections he hadn’t explored yet. Each section was larger than the last and who knew how many mechanisms were hidden in it?

Andrew slumped to the ground and started laughing like a lunatic.

“I’m so sorry, my wife and my child. This man is incompetent.” Dazed, he remembered how he killed his family. His claws hacked his wife in half before putting the fetus in his jaws.

Many years later, his mind felt clarity and every despicable thing he did came crashing down!

He went crazy! And his craziness pointed its edge on finding vengeance! It was the beginning of his journey to purge every corrupted!

Everyone didn’t remember as most of the people who did die from old age. But the world used to be more chaotic than at any time in history. People only knew the world was clean of chaos later on.

It was due to a lone wolf. Crazy and strong, but his silhouette was incomparably bleak. His revenge came fruitless.

Maybe because he became mad when he saw a corrupted. Or maybe because he could see himself in their shoes. Thus, no matter how fruitless his revenge, he kept killing them.

But soon enough, he became numbed and he just left one day, never to be seen again until now.

He thought this time he could finally get his revenge. It was laughable, though.

He looked up and saw a grotesque creature crawling toward him. It was like a blob of flesh and blood, wriggling and pulsing each time it moved. And unlike its appearance, its speed was unfathomable and the strength it used when it knocked the wall wasn’t light.

“You are here to collect my corpse.” Andrew scoffed and got up. He felt the opponent this time this creature would give him an ugly ending. Though he didn’t fear it.

“But don’t think you can defeat me without a struggle!” With one last howl, he charged with a crazy look.

2