Chapter 112 – The hands that pushes you
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 112 – The hands that pushes you

Daimon fell from the sky.

The dragons, the old man, the now-revived creature, and the people in the ship. They saw the clouds parting and two men slowly falling down.

A volume of blood splashed, coloring the black sky with red. The hole on Daimon’s chest signaled his defeat. He managed to avoid the dagger at the last second but his chest took the blow instead.

They couldn’t sense any life from him anymore.

Everyone became dumbfounded.

The dragons couldn’t help but wail in extreme sadness.

They endured long years and hardship. Becoming outcast, venturing to unknown lands, experiencing death trials, doing things against their morality…

And then finding hope!

The light that they once lost had appeared again! This time, they vowed to treasure it! They would do anything to protect it!

Only to ultimately lost it one more time! Crushed before their very eyes!

The despair made them crazy. They started killing each other. Others flew towards the ship or the old man.

Their insanity that they tried to rein in for centuries finally took over!

But all of a sudden, a ripple emerged from the sky!

They stopped in their tracks and stared at the sword shining with colorful lights! The lights converged and transformed into a beautiful blue gem!

The blue gem let out a light that shone across the galaxy, showing splendor like never before!

Daimon knew he let down many people. In fact, what he did was so evil that hell had no place for him.

There was no way people could forgive him. Even if he tried hard to save the world. Maybe it was his selfish wish to destroy everything so no one could berate him for all the things he’d done.

He felt disgusted by his own actions!

Just because he thought Karen was dirty, he did unspeakable things to her!

Just because he hated his reality, he created a clone of himself and satisfied his hidden desire to control his fate! This gave him an illusion that he had control over his ‘other’ self!

But when he discovered how Simons and his wife loved each other over and over throughout their lives… he kept ripping them apart! It was part of the script but he couldn’t suppress his jealousy! Why others could have a good life but not him?!!

Not only them. He ripped others’ lives to satiate his repressed feelings! He wanted them to live as miserable as him!

Truth be told, he could easily do his plans without using elaborate schemes and waiting for a long time. He was strong. His dragon comrades were strong.

Then, why did he do it?

“I wanted to be stopped.”

He made Simons try to assassinate him every time. When he fought Arnold, he didn’t do his best. Even against Katarina, he let himself face several dangers. Towards Karen, he remained hesitant even to the very end. Facing Agathon, he couldn’t even muster the courage to kill him.

Because of his fate as a hero, he became indecisive. He didn’t know what to do without others’ pushing him.

The previous heroes’ sacrifices pushed him only out of pity and responsibility. His anger towards the sight of God copying his wife’s face pushed him.

The thing that pushed him wasn’t his passion, conviction, revenge, or regrets… he was just being pushed by the tides. He was an unlikable human being. Illogical, ignorant, and filthy.

“Thankfully, I am finally...”

He didn’t have to think about anything anymore. The chains that bound him could no longer tie his life. It was a release.

Was it?

Was it truly a release?

He was rapidly losing life and strength, but he gripped his sword until his fist turned white. Not yet! NOT YET!!!

His dead eyes burned with undying fervor!

“I-I… remembered…”

Tak.

Daimon sensed a small and soft object pressing on his back.

Tap. Tap. Tap!

He looked back slowly and suddenly, his tears poured out without stopping.

She smiled at him. He could recall a similar smile appearing when she fell from the castle and shouted at him. The similar smile when she said she liked him. And the similar smile when she told her timeless love for him even though he was responsible for her many deaths.

From her back, he could see the thousands after thousands of hands leaning on his small back. Their heat… passing through his numbed body and to his cold heart. All of them nodded at him.

This was a true release.

“If this is my fate… I accept it!”

Woosh.

1