Chapter 118 – Choices
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 118 – Choices

“A God should be strong, right?” I felt I was clutching at straws. It was my last chance. If she wasn’t strong enough then what was the point of my desperate years? All for nothing?

“No.” She smiled. A God should be loving.”

I tried to grasp her hand. But as expected, I couldn’t even hold her. Still, I faced her with an ugly expression.

“Then, why are you called God? If you are not omnipotent, what is your place here? Did you create us just for fun? For the illusory divine love? Or to satisfy your crook nature? What is it?”

“You humans are greedy and selfish.” She shook her head. “One moment, you are begging me to cut our connections. The next moment, you are pleading to restart. And then now, you are criticizing me for not being able to do what you want.”

“Now, I’m starting to doubt why I picked you as the main character.”

“Isn’t it because I’m easy to manipulate?” A dry laugh exited my mouth. “

“I have pride, Simon Dai.” God pulled her hand from her chest. A weak radiating orb was clasped on her palm.

“A God is omnipotent but only in his or her world.” Once again, God pointed at the people outside who seemed agitated. “But those guys are people out of the box. To them, I’m just delicious prey.”

“I have long known what would happen in this world. And you are right, you have never gotten freedom. All of your actions are directed by me. It was my fault.”

I gave her a sad smile.

“But now, I’m giving you three paths you can take.”

“One option is to go back in time and relive your life again. You’ll suffer the same heartaches and despair. This was a dead end. And I’m not there anymore.” I somehow glimpsed the sadness in her eyes but I thought I was just imagining it.

“The second option is to return but with your memory intact. But you should know the consequences. Can you live with the guilt that you have caused the people beside you? Can you look at their eyes? You have the freedom to change the succeeding events. But will it be truly called free? This is just another form of torture.”

I trembled and an invisible force came crushing me. I could imagine how hurtful it gonna be.

“The third option… is recreating the world. You’ll have true freedom. Getting Karen and your friends to the future will be entirely on your hard work and talent. You’ll suffer endless loneliness. And even then, you might not even be able to accomplish it.”

“Once my existence is erased, everyone’s soul will be thrown to void. Some of them might dissipate immediately or through the passage of time. Others can be reborn in other worlds with luck. You just have to comb through the cosmos.”

“Of course, creating a world isn’t easy either. In fact, you might spend all your time just gathering enough resources. Understanding the concept of creation is another matter.”

She looked at the orb in her hands before putting it beside Daimon. “This… you can use it to go back in time and let them collect my corpse. Or use this alongside my corpse to create a new world.”

“Why are you doing this?” I clenched my fist as the uneasy feeling continued to rise.

Her eyes glazed over. The palace was beginning to alternate from real to fake. “I can’t escape from them. The moment you cut the world’s core and open my palace, I’m already at their mercy. So, it’s best to die and be useful then be used by others.”

Wrinkles appeared in the corner of her eyes. Not only there, but her skin became wrinkly. Her hair turned into a color of ash. My eyes widened.

It didn’t diminish her divinity though. Her mouth blossomed into a wide smile. She removed her mask and I saw how humane her face was. An unknown emotion rose up to my throat and a sinking feeling went down to my abdomen.

She turned around and put me in her embrace. I was surprised because I could touch her. This meant she already cut the last piece of our connection.

But at this moment, a new connection was established between us. She was like a mother. She was clearly in a body of a child yet I feel tiny but safe in her arms. I longed for this warmth. I always heard from others how peaceful this feeling and now I could attest to it.

She softly whispered in my ears, making me tremble. I didn’t even notice the trickles of tears on my face.

“Daimon, I love my all children.”

“I’m lonely before. That’s why I understand you.”

“When I created all of you, my heart is finally filled. I worry a lot because you people are so foolish. Hehehe, but I also had a lot of fun. You gave a radiance to my uninteresting life.”

“That’s why I let the seed of hope even though I knew it was a scheme from outsiders.”

“Because I knew that no matter what hardship you people will face, as long as there is hope, you will find a way.”

“Others are just using the goodness of people, our hopes and dreams, to corrupt us. Don’t let them taint your hope.”

“Find your way, Simon Dai. Don’t let your goodness be shadowed by the bad things you’ve done. I believe in you.”

1