Chapter 36: A New Path (Part 2)
380 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“If you don’t mind, I have a suggestion for you that might provide some information about your hybrid powers and maybe even your past and what happened to you in the past and how you were made.” Serena said.

She continued, “During the time—those few years that I stayed in Skynet’s core facility after I was called back from the infiltration mission that I was carrying out then—and I was actually about to complete it then., After I returned to the facility and while I was staying in the facility, I had managed to figure out through some hints and clues that I had found during my various conversations with Skynet, and from my guard-duty sessions in the prison level, that it was conducting a top-secret project, and that this project was very important to it. I guess—having seen you now—that you are a product of that project.” 

Serena glanced at Kayden at this point to see his expression. He just shrugged and nodded to confirm her unasked question. He had already decided to let her know as much as he could allow without creating any problems for himself.

She smiled after she had obtained confirmation that she had deduced correctly. “Over the years, I was able to obtain some information through my own private investigation that Skynet had first started conducting/to conduct the research on that/a similar project at a secret lab in the former Skynet VLA in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, it is also common knowledge that the Resistance had later attacked and destroyed Skynet VLA eleven years ago. But it is still a good goal for us to go there and check the place out. I think we really should go and check there at least once as, who knows, we might be able to obtain some new information about you and maybe even find some clues about your past, your powers, and the project in which you were created, and the objective that Skynet wanted to achieve through you by creating you and making you its heir.”

Kayden thought, “That’s a good idea.” This suggestion was so much better than his own original plan to simply travel around aimlessly while only depending on just dumb luck that he might be lucky and encounter things that might help him to learn what he wished to know about his past. 

“Alright, I agree. That’s as good a place as any—but much better even—for use as a starting point. The journey will take some time traveling and covering all that distance on the road from here in Colorado to Los Angeles, but it’s not like I have anything else to do—I have all the time in the world.” Kayden said.

Serena nodded. “I really think you have a chance to find something over there because Skynet had carried out the Angel Project there and through this project, it had created its very first human-Terminator hybrid.”

Kayden froze suddenly. Something Serena said had immediately struck out to him.

“Wait! Did you just say ‘Project Angel’?”

“Yes, that’s correct. Project Angel—that was the name of the project that Skynet used to create the first human-Terminator hybrid. Unfortunately, that hybrid was ultimately a failure—it was a product that had malfunctioned in the end, so Skynet had scrapped and abandoned the entire project. Later, it had used the improved version of some parts of the technology it had developed from that project to create beings like me. Yeah, I know that you must have already figured out that I’m different from those normal, ordinary humans even though I look exactly like them.”

Kayden was no longer paying attention to what she was saying. He was otherwise thinking about another thing. ‘Hmm, Project Angel…Angel…Archangel! Right, that’s it! I was created through Project Archangel, so Project Angel is definitely related to it in some way. I absolutely must visit and explore the location of that old lab and the surrounding where it was located for myself, even though it has already been destroyed in the past. There really might be a good chance that I will learn something about my past from there.”

He declared, “I have decided. We will go and check the location of the old laboratory in the former Skynet VLA.” 

Serena nodded and smiled, and seeing this, Kayden clapped [with] his hands excitedly/with excitement.

“Good! Since it’s all decided, let’s go right now!” He glanced at the crates. “Ah! Oh, right! You might have wanted to take some things from the crates. Yes, we will need some of the things inside during our journey. But it doesn't matter. Let’s just take all the crates. We can just put all of these crates in our car.”

After he finished speaking, he stood up and went to pick up the largest crate with ease even though that crate looked very heavy and like it should need two or three men together to lift up and carry. 

“Just choose either one of the remaining two, and let’s carry them back and put them inside the car. I will come back for the last crate. We should then be able to start out on our journey and continue on our way as soon as possible in less than a few minutes' time and then be on our way.”

Kayden blasted this stream of words rapidly. He was both so excited, anxious, and relieved—a strange mix of emotions to have at the same time—at finally obtaining the first clue that was even likely to pan out and which might finally allow him to find out and learn something about his past and his lost memories. He wanted to begin their journey immediately in order for them to be able to get to Skynet VLA as soon as possible. This was the first real, concrete information that he had learnt that might let him learn something about his past.

The other possibility that he might also learn something about his new abilities and powers was just an added bonus.

“Hey! Hey! Calm down. Calm down!” Serena called out, chuckling. “Oh, look at you. Ha! You look so excited by this news, but let’s not leave here so fast. There is still something I think we should do here first.”

Kayden frowned at her words which sought to calm him down. He didn’t appreciate how she was trying to dampen his excitement. 

‘Hmph! At least it’s good that she’s no longer acting as respectful and subservient to me as she was acting before. I guess she listened to and is obeying my command,’ he thought sarcastically before letting out a helpless smile at her playful antics.

Still, he did not want to delay himself here. He did not see any reason to stay here any longer, and he did not want to waste any more time that they could be using to travel and proceed on their journey instead of to just keep staying here.

So, he asked, “And what’s that? What do we need to do here first?”

Serena chuckled again. Her eyes and her smile—her whole demeanor—suddenly changed and took on a flirty, seductive look. “Let me first take care of your stress before we continue on our journey. I have noticed since way back then that you have been in a constant stress and high-strung emotional state since when we first met till now—even though you kept trying to hide it from the others.”

And that was when she began to take her clothes off and strip right in front of Kayden.

 

 

*****

Thanks for your support on Patreon:

Turtle, DJOK DJOK, heller8284

***

Check out my Patreon to support me: At www.patreon.com/Kendrix

I am now posting extra ‘Terminator: New Fate’ prequel chapters, character backstories and side stories, and chapters from my new original novel ‘The Last Primordial Exarch’ on my Patreon.

7