Chapter 6.
1.6k 22 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like every dumb-ass feudal novel of a medieval society, there are nobility families and aristocrats.

These nobles are free to do anything they want if benefiting the Empire.

Unlike actual medieval times, where every medieval aristocrat has their own plot of territory and land to manage - with having internal armies, this world had no territories.

Instead, there exists a single mansion in the capital. Then, these aristocrats would be affiliated with a government organization.

For example, the Geldver Duke was the Minister of Finance.

The Werthaus Marquis, Minister of Architecture. 

Most high-ranking government positions are just made up of aristocrats.

 

The family, I, Lowan Geldver, am in is known as the "financial powerhouse" of the Empire.

A ducal family, one of the richest, but also of faithful government service.

With it's financial importance, throughout the history of the Empire, it has had a great reputation for having the best leaders and lords.

That was, until I came in and sort of butt-fucked a portion of the honorable Geldver family.

 

You see, citizens of the Empire love gossip between aristocrats.

The moment the news spread out that I, Lowan was kicked out from the Academy, it went on tabloids and headlines.

A high & mighty 1st son of a Duke, getting kicked out of the Academy; which is a symbol of nobility, along with being temporarily exiled from the family.

That's just asking for attention.

I was a very popular topic for around a week before people gradually forgot about me.

Then, I got drafted.

Like that, I hid from the general public, serving in the Northern front doing my best to survive.

 

Now, since I got discharged, I need to report back to my family.

Show my face within the family for a bit and disappear.

Maybe say a greeting or two.

 

That's my situation.

And I'm currently in front of the gates of the mansion/castle of the Geldver family.

 

I walked up to the "guard booth" in front of the gate.

Within the guard booth, were 2 Knights with 3 more visible afar from the silhouette.

These knights were seemingly new recruits.

"Loyalty to the Empire. State your purpose of visit in name of the Duke of Geldver." , Said one of the Knights in the guard booth - per protocol.

"Loyalty to the Empire. I am the first son of the Geldver family, Lowan Geldver."

"..."

The Knight, understandably, was dazed with eyes of surprise.

Imagine if you were a Knight, and the 1st son of your lord who was kicked out 2 years ago came back.

That would be your worst work shift - cause you'd have to fill out a shit ton of paperwork after.

However, I was too busy currently to sympathize with this new Knight.

I let out a quiet fake cough.

"Khm.."

"L-let me report this to my superior."

Snapping back into reality, the Knight went rushing off in superhuman speeds.

A few quick seconds later, he came back with the fucking Vice-commander of the Geldver Knight order.

I personally never met the Vice Commander. Only the previous owner of this body did.

The Vice Commander of the Knights however would at least remember my face - probably.

"Master Lowan..?"

The Vice Commander, too didn't think I would be here.

"Yeah, it's me, Lowan. Let me in."

"Yes! Come on, recruit! Open the gate!"

"Yes, Sir!"

Opening the gate and coming into the Geldver castle/mansion, I was greeted by the beautiful architecture of the Geldver family.

A beautiful green garden, and a few butlers & maids here and then.

This is what having too much money does. 

Because I was sort of kicked out of the family immediately after I went into this body, I didn't have time to observe the mansion/castle - and while I did get the memories of the previous Lowan Geldver, I didn't get to remember anything too specific.

However, looking at the castle/mansion now, it sort of looks like the entirety of the fuckin' Buckingham palace.

"Vice Commander, lead me to the Duke."

"Yes, Sir."

I had to ask the Vice Commander to lead me cause I kind of don't know where the main throne room is.

The main throne room would be where the actual Duke of the Geldver family would reside.

Obviously, the way to the Duke felt pretty rich.

The outdoor gardens, the indoor hallways with red carpets.

Along with a few maids and butlers here and there gasping at my sight.

Through a short but long journey, I arrived at the main throne room.

It was that stereotypical medieval fantasy throne room entrance you usually think of.

The Vice-Commander, knocked on the door.

...

"Come in."

A rough voice rang out behind.

The door automatically opened on it's own, like some Harry Potter shit.

The heavy wooden door unveiled a spacious throne-room, with one aging man on the throne.

I approached a carpet and took a knee, and bowed my head.

I opened my mouth and started talking.

"I am notifying you, of my discharge."

The Duke of Geldver took a long look at me.

"... I see."

A 3 second silence ensued.

"What will you do now?"

The Duke of Geldver asked.

"I will be working for the Ministry of Finance."

"That's not what I'm asking."

".... I will be re-building my reputation and the reputation of the Geldver family."

"Good. Off your way."

The brief meeting of the Duke of Geldver ended like that.


After running out of the mansion of the Duke of Geldver, 

I directly headed to the Ministry of Finance building located near the Imperial Palace - the place where all the Royalty people live in.

I was thinking of starting my work now, as I am severe workaholic. Also, the meeting with the Duke really got my energy pumping. 

I was met with a receptionist when I entered the building.

The receptionist, being a pretty looking woman, asked,

"What is the purpose of your visit to the Ministry of Finance?"

"I am here as a new employee."

"...Your name, please?"

"Lowan Geldver."

"... Right this way"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

39