Chapter 1 : Freak Accident
793 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Edit date 3/4/23

Hi! Sorry for the hiatus to those who read my story...  But I'm hereby continuing writing this story! hope you'll like it! 

P.S Its been about a year since I last wrote this!

Chapter 1: Freak Accident

"Hmm, the wire goes here and here..." Adding the finishing touches to the circuit, I take a minute to appreciate my work. Testing to see if everything is correct, I turn it on... but I didn't expect what happened next... "Boom," an explosion! I was too slow to perceive what happened, but in the next instant, I'm on the ground, numb...

'Ha... hahaha.' I can't help but laugh hysterically at... my failure. As I watch my life pass before my eyes, I see where I messed up... I flooded the mini transformer with too much electricity... Feeling full of regret over my failure, I take my last dying breath... I must be hallucinating... Taking a look around me and seeing buildings out of place for a modern world shocks me. The poor conditions of the city are a nightmare for an engineer...

"Growl." Looking down, I see the state I'm in... "Why... am I in rags?" A hoarse but noticeably feminine voice comes out... "Wait! Cough... cough..." Deciding not to speak and ponder on the strangeness because I'm hungry and thirsty. I quickly, or tried to, run where I smell food... Spotting a food stand, I walk as fast as I can, which was slow. Not at all used to my new small stature. I almost trip in front of the stand with a picture of a chicken wing, or what I thought was a chicken wing. Seeing the giant chicken wing on a table, I salivate.

hearing "Growl" again... I throw all caution to the wind, I bolt for a bite, and as I'm about to grab the large chicken wing, a clear blue barrier stops me... As I'm in shock, I feel a much larger, bulkier man grab my shoulder and slowly turn me to face him... "Little Miss, what are you doing?" Wincing at the strong grip, I look at his face and see a noticeable frown etched on his face.

"Cough... cough... Mister, can't you spare me a chicken wing?" Seeing a thoughtful look on his face, I become hopeful. Not to be disappointed, I hear, "Miss, you'll be in my debt if I give you a piece..." "Growl" feeling hunger pains, I say resolutely, "Cough... cough... I don't mind, sir!"

As I'm wondering how he'll know I'll pay off the debt, I hear him yell, "[CONTRACT]." With widened eyes, I watch as paper materializes in front of me. Before being given the Contract, he asks, "Miss, do you know how to read?"

Taking a glance at the contract, I see regular English written in fancy cursive writing. Quickly reading it, I must say it's very fair. If I fail to pay off the debt in one month, I'll work for him for two months with a added bonus of pay and food.

"Cough cough, yes, I can sir," I reply after he inquires if I can read. "Well, do you agree to the terms?" he asks. Due to the hunger pains, I reach a swift conclusion and say, "Yes, sir, and cough cough, do you have water too?"

As we talk, I hear whispering off on the side, which I promptly ignore. After negotiating, he gives me a water flask and a big chicken wing. Just as I am about to leave, I hear him shout "The names Arnold... Arnold Serano!" Pondering whether I should go by Adolph Hylander, I decide not to. Quickly brainstorming, I come up with a name, "I'm Nikoleta Von Gauss. I'll see you later, Mr. Serano."

After signing the contract, I make it to an alley. Sitting down, I savor the giant chicken wing. Trying not to eat fast while hungry is hard, but I hear it's best to eat slowly when you're hungry. After I'm full from eating, I ponder the strangeness of the world. First off, I'm a girl. Looking down, I notice the obvious feminine curves, so that confirms it, huh? Honestly, I didn't know how to feel about becoming a girl... Moving on to the second question, am I in another world? While I can't answer that, the evidence leads me to believe yes. What's with this 'magic'? Is it natural? Artificial? Can it be explained? I have question after question with no explanation.

Falling into a meditative trance, I notice a strange feeling concentrated inside my brain that I failed to notice earlier. What is this? Is this what caused the phenomenon?

I close my eyes and focus on the sensation. It's like a humming, a vibration, almost like electricity running through my brain. As I concentrate, the feeling intensifies, and suddenly, images start to flash through my mind.

I see strange creatures, landscapes I've never seen before, and phenomena with technology that seem impossible and fantastical. It's like a slideshow of a different world no... this world, and I can't help but feel a sense of excitement and wonder at the possibilities.

As the images fade, I open my eyes, feeling a newfound sense of determination. I may not know how or why I got here, but I won't let that stop me from learning all that I can!

Standing up, I dust off my ragged clothes and start to walk down the alley, eager to see what this world has in store for me. As I turn a corner, I see a bustling marketplace I previously ignored, filled with strange smells, sounds, and people. It's overwhelming, but I can't help but feel a sense of  excitement.

I take a deep breath and step forward, ready to face whatever challenges this world may throw at me.

20