Unbreakable Shield – Chapter 3 ( The Vision )
622 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Zeke, come here" a woman called out.

She was standing next to a tall man. They both looked like they were in their thirties.

Their only distinct features being their amethyst colored eyes and blood red hair.

"Coming mother" a little boy replied while running around in a park.

He too had the same bright red hair and amethyst eyes as the couple.

Of course. That boy that was currently running around is none other than the great me.

Formerly known as gilbert styles now known as Zeke Uzumaki.

I was reborn in the year 1777 of the elemental calendar in the whirlpool village to a normal couple of the Uzumaki clan. they weren't ninjas or seal masters like many were in the village. Instead of the bloody path of ninjas, they chose to be peaceful civilians living their life in leisure.

The woman that was calling me was my mother Misaki Uzumaki and the man next to her is my father Shinai Uzumaki. Both were proud owners of a small but popular ramen shop found in the heart of the village.

The village is found near the hidden village of the mist more commonly known as the bloody mist. One of the powerhouses of the elemental nation and home to many clans with kekkai genkais.most notable being the Yuki clan and the Kaguya clan.

The Kaguya clan was widely feared in the mist due to their bloodthirsty ways. They raped and pillaged surrounding small villages for sport further worsening their already infamous reputation. whereas the Yuki clan was known for being aloof and cold much like the ice element they wield.

The whirlpool village was the home of thousands of redheaded Uzumaki.

A powerhouse feared by all the major hidden villages despite having not even 1/3 of the ninjas other villages had. Their sealing prowess was unmatched throughout the elemental nations much like their undying love for ramen.

I can safely say the whirlpool village alone has more than a thousand ramen shops each presenting the dish with their own twist. There was a saying in the village " if you don't worship ramen then you aren't an Uzumaki ''.

I too loved ramen even though I very much avoided it in my past life. now I could not go without eating it at least once even for a single day.

"BLESS THE DIVINE RAMEN" I praised the ramen gods before walking towards where my parents were.

'What do you want for dinner?" my father asked

"RAMEN" I shouted out loudly in a childish manner.

"That’s my boy" my replied with a beaming smile.

"DEAR, NO. He can’t have ramen for every meal. how will he ever grow bigger." my mother growled in a menacing voice that promised pain.

BUT.

BUT.

But mom ramen has all the nutrients I need" I replied to her in a whiny noise. While utilizing what might be the strongest forbidden technique in all of Naruto.

THE LEGENDARY PUPPY EYE JUTSU.

" NO. means No Zeke. Or do you want no ramen for a week"

*GYKK.*

How could this be.... my all mighty sure kill technique..... how could it fail me...... goddamn old Uzumaki woman…

"ara ara"

"ZEKE did you just think something rude about me" my mother asked me with one hand over her mouth. with her smooth silky long red hair slowly rising behind her swaying like tails of a tailed beast.

"No mom " I replied quickly

My mother let out a sigh and hit my dad’s chest.

"He is just like you"

My poor father could only scratch his head in defeat not saying anything to make sure to not piss off his wife.

"Come on let’s go home and eat some omurice" my dad said while gently pushing me forward.

One would think having the memories of my past life would make me less impulsive and more mature. while I was noticeably different from other kids my age, both academically and in temperament.

It was still nothing compared to the so called reincarnated people I read about it in novels. I didn't have the so called cold calculated plan that most MCs have or the frightening level of intellect and talent that made them rival legendary kages before they were even gennin.

No.

I was just a normal Uzumaki that didn't even start the academy yet.

I didn't even have my so called cheats. I guess I will awaken them later just like how normal kekkei Genkai work.

Granted I didn't have my memories from when I was gilbert until a week ago. So maybe like all good things my abilities and talents will shine more later on as I mature .

To be honest I’m glad I don't have monstrous talent. It would be a shame if I caught the eye of someone like Madara or even worse the master manipulator with mommy issues, Black Zetsu before I can even protect myself.

Who do you think I am?

A dark soul player?

why would I try to fight an end level boss before even finishing the tutorial stage. Not to mention this is real life.

I only get one life. Death isn’t an option to me.

I’m not Naruto. So I can't make fate my bitch whenever I’m close to dying.

how many times did that brat die?

three?

four times?

Each time he was brought to life due to that ridiculously bullshit plot armor.

"AARH"

"Why couldn't life be easier?" I thought to myself kicking a small pebble that was blocking my path in frustration.

Putting my hands in my pockets I let my thoughts wander once more

It was then I remembered something I heard when I was young from an anime I watched. It rekindled the will that was like a dying ember in my heart into a raging bonfire.

"Weaklings will stay weak forever. but being weak itself is not a sin, since human beings are weak creatures to begin with. Not striving to become strong is the sin. If you believe in tomorrow and put yourself out there, you can naturally obtain your strength and that is when you will truly be free.”

I never took the words to heart back then.

All I wanted to do was eat, sleep and laze around all day but now that is no longer an option if I want to survive and live comfortably in this world.

Thinking back, I couldn't help but shake my head in disappointment about how I wasted the first week I had my memories back.

I didn't go to the library to find to learn more about how to be a better ninja or to find a manual on how to awaken my chakra.

No.

I did what I always have done. Laze around and dream of achieving things without actually putting any effort into it.

Maybe I just wanted to pretend that everything was alright that nothing was going to happen to me in this place. I got comfortable and content with the peaceful life that was handed to me.

I thought to myself as I entered my house shaking my head.

"The more comfortable we get in life the less progress we make"

I walked up the stairs and stood in front of my room looking at the sign "Zeke Uzumaki" on the door.

Subconsciously I found myself focusing on the word Uzumaki.

Time seemed to slow down and the world started to spiral around me. Soon enough everything exploded in a kaleidoscope of colors and I found myself standing over a cliff overlooking what appeared to be a small sized army.

They stood in front of what looked like the shores of the whirlpool village.

I could see men and women alike garbed in various styles of clothes. some wearing maroon colored monk style clothes while others wore black ninja wear and face paint. Despite all these differences they had one thing in common.

Each and every one of these people had a metal headband with the kanji character for ALLIANCE on it.

"DEATH TO THE RED HEADED DEMONS" they chanted.

Before I could step forward to take a better look at what they were doing.

The world began to twist and turn once more. this time it was accompanied by an overwhelming feeling of nausea and the bright colors filled up my vision once more.

"What is going on?" I thought to myself as I found my myself face down on what appeared to be red sand.

I got up and looked around to see where I was.

There was fire and dead bodies everywhere. the fire illuminated the dark night making the surrounding areas as visible to me as they would have been during the daytime.

Strangely enough, I felt no heat from the raging flames. it was almost as if I was a bystander just watching from the sidelines. Slowly I focused my gaze on the dead bodies around me taking in the gore scene before me. Most of them had the metal headbands I saw before while others had the same eyecatching blood red hair as me.

Some were missing limbs while others had long cut marks on their bodies. Their innards coming out from the giant cuts. the worst was the unmistakable smell of the charred flesh that overwhelmed my sense of smell. horrified and disgusted by what I was seeing and smelling.

Slowly got up.

This was the first time I saw such a mind wrenching thing. sure, I have seen animals being killed on videos before but seeing them on a screen and then seeing human beings in a similar state in real life is very different.

No wonder most veterans suffer from severe mental problems such as PTSD and depression.

It was then it dawned on me why the sand was red. it was blood from all these corpses that dyed the soil in this ominous color.

The heat from the ranging flames drying the blood making them stick to the grains. I had no doubt in the future this area would remain as a bloody spot on the earth. An everlasting scar to immortalize the massacre that took place.

"ARRRRRHHHHH"

a loud battle cry disrupted the silent battle field.

"DIE YOU MISERABLE PIECES OF SHIT. YOU WON’T GET ANYTHING FROM US EVEN IN DEATH"

"FORBIDDEN FUINJUTSU GREAT ATOMIC EXPLOSION TAG"

Panicked cries could be heard in a distance and the whole world turned bright for a second. it was followed by a large sonic boom that flung everything in its path. Trees and animals and human corpses were flung into the air alike like rag dolls.

Strangely I was not affected by this massive shockwave although my eyes instinctively closed. after a good second or two, I opened my eyes to see a giant mushroom cloud in a distance.

It coming from the direction of my village.

Horrified, I tried to run towards the village but my legs wouldn't budge. it was as if they were anchored to the ground.

'Take a deep breathe"

"This is not real, don't be a pussy and wake up to reality." I told myself

A familiar explosion of colours took place once more. I found myself in front of a familiar door and the shirt I was wearing was drenched with sweat.

"That wasn't real " I whispered to myself once more before I opened the door and walked into my room taking my clothes off in the process. Preparing to submerge myself into the washbasin in hopes that it would drown away all my problems.

18